A Capable Maid - Ch. 37

That was the first time Marie had that expression. That’s saying volumes. I hope Lady Rachel will become her friend. 😭

@comeonnow I believe she chose to say war prisoner any other thing would've blown up her cover. Assuming you're right, the prince would've eventually found out the maids talking about how marie is a commoner. And calling herself a commoner is the worst thing she can do now because commoners don't have rules, grace, manners, or whatever small things that nobles had.

@icarushector and someunregpunk Also, even though they may not know her portrait, they know she's a young girl of noble birth fleeing. If they find a young girl with with immaculate hands worker as a waiter, they'll know she hasn't been working there for life. If they find a town where a girl moved into recently and the time frame matches, they'll likely find her suspicious. Now it's just a matter of asking them where they are from and if they are found to be from a fallen noble then they can just cross check them. This method is certainly not easy nor efficient, but it's still a viable method.

Dex-chan lover
@Mai_loves_icecream Beatrice starts with MC's entire group being slaughtered or worse and when asked what to do with the rest the male lead says to just kill them. That's what my comment was referring to.

If anyone's curious:

HUGE SPOILER

Rachel will indeed be a two-faced b*tch. She asks Marie for helping her to be the Queen/Empress (idk which one) and Marie will agree on the condition that she will gain freedom. She'll help Rachel for a while, but Rael will be suspicious of Rachel and he will soon find out that Marie is the one helping Rachel with the knowledge she's told Rael. Rael will soon catch Rachel in a lie and he will confront Marie about it and if I remember correctly from the NU spoilers, he will kiss Marie as punishment?? And the story will continue on and they'll become close and so on.

NU Spoilers: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/a-capable-maid.91768/

Rachel,I hope, is a good person, but of course not as good as Marie xD. Well It would be great if marie gain her as a friend, and Rachel support her in the future xD

Double-page supporter
"They look like the main characters of a novel." Girl, check the mirror. Even without the secret identity, you are literally a fairy tale heroine.

welcome to my Ted talk. spoiler about the Lady Rachel.

Lady Rachel is a fucking cunt, fucking thot. I want her to go away. mf peice of shit.

thank you I hope you enjoyed my Ted talk.

Marie is gonna realize both of them suck ass and then be with the prince!! Or so I hope lol, one is off the list already
Thanks for the chapter!!
@BlackKittyGirl900 THANKS

Thank you for updating <3

Well, I don't care what Rachel's personality is !! I just hope Marie will be happy.
But speaking of ML, Mr. Knight is most likely the person who will make Marie happy. And don't forget about the king of another country (I forget his name).
Now it looks like the crown prince and Mr. knight are strong candidates for Marie....

Eff botha these hoes tryna seduce the crown prince by slippin a word in with his maid. I love how neither of them trust in their own personalities and have to resort to catty threats and such. Little do you know you guys will bring them closer together. You thot ur smort. ( my rant is done. I will wait peacefully for how blondie treats ma girl) ^^

This is perhaps the slowest romance I've ever read in a manhwa.... I know it'll be a good one, but I can't imagine how her identity will be revealed.

Dex-chan lover
Eww they both look like walking stereotypes, its almost sad how predictable they are

I need spoilers. Like when will he know that the princess she’s looking for is the maid he ‘favors’ 😆🤔

@Mai_loves_icecream Unless I'm mistaken, she previously had been telling anyone who asked that she was a commoner. She was still a maid in the royal palaces, so it wasn't too out of the ordinary for a commoner woman to be employed as a maid. The only odd thing is that she has risen in the ranks so quickly to work at the hand of the prince. Compare the questions that come up from that to the issues she faces if other people think that she's a war prisoner. Being a war prisoner is extremely restrictive; you are literally the property of the royalty.

The fact is that she never lied and told people she was a war prisoner until she was backed to a corner and had to explain her abilities. The more people that think she's a war prisoner the harder it becomes to do a lot of things.

Users who are viewing this thread