A Capable Maid - Ch. 39

Ugh isn't that blonde haired lady worst in acting???? Isn't she should a little panic cause her dress is not ready yet???
Well what ever... I don't care about her
Btw Marie you better be safe.......
Thank you!!!

I loooove the whole quote near the end about fashion; it doesn't matter whats in trend, but what complements and brings out our natural beauty - that is fashion . Damnn those words are soo true, yet unfortunately majority of people don't understand this concept ! I've seen many people force themselves to look 'in trend' , but only look the opposite like clowns. Being 'in trend' isn't beautiful or cool at all , its whats SUITS YOU the most that makes you stunning and completes you; this however not everyone perfects as it needs an unbiased and rational mindset to evaluate and accept the weak points and strengths in you (to really dress beautifully - but the same applies to behavior)

Is looks like a wedding dress if its in complete white which i think isn't appropriate. 😑

Well, damn, it's a shame that the artist can draw such a beautiful red dress and then expects us to believe that a flowery white dress with a meh design can beat it. White isn't the beat all end all color! Rachel would've looked much better in an emerald green dress.

it’s a wedding dress...? it’s probably what a western wedding dress looks like- it may not mean anything in south Korea 🤷‍♀️

Fed-Kun's army
Leave it to manhwas to go for a white dress as their 'beat-all' solution. I feel like I see this too often but as someone who grew up with western traditions, all I see is a wedding dress and it's not a good choice. lol

Thanks for the chapter!
The dress looks good, but doesn't it resemble a wedding dress too much? I wonder how Arial was able to get the shop to make an amateur mistake? Prince probably already knows about it and is going to count against her. The Prince is probably sick of seeing women who are only beautiful on the outside and these tricks are just going to dissuade her. Although considering how Prince likes to throw MC for a loop I bet he's going to choose her instead of the candidates. After all, she's the first woman he's found interesting and has numerous talents. Just guessing though so may choose one of the two for political reasons. That or before the selection can be announced her identity as a princess gets outed. In any case, will just have to see how things play out.

@Mathiason The white wedding dress trend is not as old as you would think. It started with Queen Victoria in the 1840s which is pretty recent so in history. Blue and red were colors brides wore so it's not something that matters except to modern viewers it's very weird because of the whiteout/how we associate white with weddings. So contextually speaking within the story, it shouldn't matter that much.

@mariaterrae I'm not saying that only wedding dresses are white, but that in addition to the color the style, (especially compared to old fashioned wedding dresses,) is very similar to a wedding dress. Granted within the story using white and the style would be ok, it's just more practical to have a colored dress as it's easier to hide or cover up faint stains within the color while a stain would almost be impossible to remove from a white dress and would stand out more. Then again, considering the point of standing out to the prince is to marry him the resemblance to a wedding dress may be intentional to help promote the idea of him marrying her.

@Mathiason

I think it’s less about it resembling a western wedding dress and more emphasis on purity (which also ties in with a virgin bride but hear me out a little).
The red that Arial constantly wears is supposed to show off power and sex-appeal, AKA an aggressive color. In contrast, you have this “nice” person wearing white which represents gentleness and almost fragility, which makes the color seem more ethereal, and fairy-like.
Another reason I say that is a lot of shoujo manga and manhwa like to dress up their pure FLs in white.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Users who are viewing this thread