A Capable Maid - Ch. 4

I am interested in how the story will develop from here.
While I am slightly uneasy with the way the main character acquires her skills as they are given and not gained through hard work,
her skills are gained through her unselfish desire. I have a strangle inkling that her skills may leave her at some point as a part of the plot, but I digress.
Thank you for the high-quality translation, NASS!

Dex-chan lover
@senescence
I agree with your assumption. I believe she is gaining her skills because she earnestly wanted to be a good servant and a maid, but lacked the confidence to be what she wanted. And the facts she does this without any ulterior motives reflects it in the people she inherited those skills from.

But like you said I believe she will eventually "lose" those skills as her confidence gets better.

Fed-Kun's army
Since the title of this story is “A Capable Maid” I hope she remains a maid for the whole story and doesn’t get whisked off to be a bride of the prince or something.

I'm curious why Hans doesn't suspect Marie completed the sculpture considering that a) she met him outside and told him to go back inside, which would start the period in which Hans wasn't present at the statue, and b) she ended up with a cold the next morning, which would have indicated a long period of time out in the rain as she said to Hans. I know there's an assumption that a master sculptor needed to have done it and that Marie is neither a sculptor nor conspicuous with her talents, but you'd think that if no one else that was working on the statue fit the bill, the small girl who has been helping out and was present at the statue around the possible occurrence time may have something to do with it.

Also what exactly changed with the sculpture anyways? It only looked like someone puked on it with magic glitter.

The Prince won me over with those lines. Why would you threaten a random sculptor with death and cause him so much grieve for basically nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@NexusInfinity I imagine some details were lost in the art style. I suspect it was along the lines of a Bernini sculpture, those are frightening in how tactile they appear. As far as his not making connections, he was expecting an execution so being a little scrambled is forgivable in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@NexusInfinity : On the old man side- because he didn't stay after that so for all he know she could've just left soon after and still caught cold from that time she was with him out in the rain, cuz y'know girls are so weak.
He didn't tell the prince about her likely both from the extreme terror he felt initially and because by etiquette if you say something without prompt from the noble, they might take that as slight and punish you for it.

And when the prince went to check on all the sculptors, obviously whoever made the list only listed people officially recognized as sculptors, not the maid who only sculpted the statue that one night and never mentioned having knowledge of sculpting to anyone prior.

As for the statue, I think it's around the eyes area.
The previously one had a more queenly/dignified looks to it with straight eyebrows and the upturned looks, whereas post-Marie she now has a more motherly/gentle looks with the eyebrow drooped slightly at the end and the almond shaped eyes.

Contributor
shes takes on the skills of other, perhaps deceased people? maybe even her citizens that died in the war.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Kobayashi would rage. Sculpting is not the job of a maid!

Group Leader
Yes good crown prince
you shouldn't bother her
AND DIE IN A CORNER LIKE THE FILTHY DOG YOU ARE

Fed-Kun's army
Almost forgot he destroyed her family but we don't really know why the prince was searching for her during the war.

P.S
Don't forget that she really is a princess.

Users who are viewing this thread