A Capable Maid - Ch. 44

Aggregator gang
Marie isnt thinking right,
Rachel willnever let her go.
Why would she when a slave like her can run the damn empire while she go humpin the prince everyday

@Kiraidesu

I absolutely agree! This diplomat(from a powerful and sucessful empire) is asking for assistance, and his methods are to blow up over food and threaten war right off the bat without offering anything in return but a nebulous "we will probably return the favor" in return. Makes you wonder if they actually want peace if this is the ambassador they sent over.

Marie, you really are kind:")
Also "only you" he said>///<. Lol too bad Rachel, your presence didn't reach his mind at all.

Thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
@Lollipops Let’s face it, they probably need to steal ideas to get to where they are, because they aren’t smart enough to think that far ahead.

I know it's merciless, but if I were king, I would probably let them starve. (For one, they basically threatened my kingdom. For two: )
If they really declear war against us, they will be starved and weakened. True, a cornered enemy is very dangerous, but a starved army doesn't really do much.
If they attack the kingdom, we could probably defeat them, and get ahold of new territories, where we could distribute the food for the poor and replace the aristocrats with our own.
Tho this is just speculation.

Group Leader
That's the most monkey brain if I ever seen one. Is this guy the best ambassador they have? His word are basically "want food, pls gib. If don't, we war."

Basically beggar in suit lmao. Unless they have some plan like trying to give misinformation that they are starving. So people underestimate them when in battle or something like that. Idk, just rambling here lol.

Errrm doesn't sound very diplomatic to barge into another country and name demands using threats when you're the one who needs help and will get the shorter end if the stick if things don't work out.... But that's just my opinion 🤷🏾‍♀️

What happen to the writing? This is so bad. A diplomat that reveals they have no food and want to wage war with a starving army? You could just be excuted and before the other country bam Conquest. Also Fish is not bland its delicious!

Rachel is getting on my nerves ❤ girl, you didn't get acknowledge, he acknowledged Marie's idea

Dex-chan lover
If that were me I’d send in the army instead they have no food so their prep time to form an army would be slow taking a city would be easy too just wait for them to starve.

Heck just waiting for them would also work they can’t siege for long periods of time anyway they’ll just kill themselves just let them stand outside the castle for a month and it would be easy.

It would be an easy win tbh.

It's kind of hilarious that, at this point, Rachel only continues to make herself look worse in the prince's eyes for every idea she misappropriates. Not that she could possibly know or understand the reason for that, mind you, but you'd think she would have at least picked up on the fact that the Crown Prince is suspicious of her every action.

Also, nice support, Mr. Faceless Royal Guard~!

Don't know why the author could not just be like, "Hey so you know that kingdon your empire has beef against? If you help Halidom with our food problem we'll provide personnel for you to deal with that kingdom once and for all"
I mean, there must be other kingdoms coveting the Empire's downfall no? Seems like the author just wants to show the Halidom as stupid or something. Smh

I was already tired of this manga from the ML, and the last chapter was so off putting as a Muslim, but this really made me drop it. Did it really take all that to come up with the idea of vegetarian dishes? And this diplomat... Well the other comments say it well enough. It’s like the author’s stripped everyone of their last two braincells to make Marie shine, and at this point it’s far too annoying.
I mean catch me back here when it’s finally over just to see some pretty art 🤧

So, I don't really remember was the dude about to leave because he was offended but knew his people needed food to not starve, like my man when asking for help. So, some parts of you have to be put on the back burner to ensure you're people survives.

This chapter was pretty poorly written. I hope the author’s next chapter will be better.

You are saying the country is starving and but, for some reasons, they still have enough provision to wage war?

Count Dorian = Miguel Cervantes?

I still say yell in his face and kick him down a pit

Users who are viewing this thread