A Capable Maid - Ch. 44

Kind of an arrogant reason on the sultan's part imo. "We have a problem which we couldn't care to give a brain cell to solve so why don't we bug and threaten our neighbor for food when our nation is supposedly falling apart." I could take a guess at their real intent but still arrogant mofo imo.

Honestly this feels like it could just be an empty threat.

Envoy prince guy talks all big bout not being able to stand seeing his people starve but if his country is going through a drought and running out of food then forcing a war with dwindling resources is the last thing you should do if you really cared about your people.

Even more so that they came over on their own, didn’t even try offering for anything in exchange other than future backing, and then threatening them, what kinda rapport are they trying to build here??. This other country is really coming of self entitled with no backing for why, like do they provide an essential resource? (Eg gold, oil..) or are they like historically known to be great in wars?? It wouldn’t be unusual for countries to have animosity either so would refusing really be that big of a deal.....

Orrrr maybe they explain next chap why it’s so important

Dex-chan lover
Halidom isn't all that bad. At least they came to ask for help first, however rudely, instead of just starting a war. Though, it's kind of ironic that they were upset because the feast insulted their religion and yet it turns out they came asking for food.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really blame Rachel for taking the credit as long as she hold-up her deal with Marie. if she's backstab Marie she should be quartered.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
"Food or war" isn't a polite thing to say but to be fair, he is honest, which is best thing he could do considering the situation.

its also a rather "fair" threat since they would be 'obligated' to fight for food to survive.

Also doubt consecutive years of drought is an easily solvable problem (quite likely impossible considering their technological level)

@Oculunus I think the author is playing on the "super sensitive" stereotypes. You know, the ones that insist that God "comes first" in all situations.

jyc

it's frustrating that marie's not getting the recognition she deserves, but the crown prince knowing she's behind them even as she hides it makes me so happy 😭

@CarmillaKriegstein are you talking about terrorists who happened to be muslims? sure they are villianous, killing 1000 muslims for every westerner they killed. And those 1000 people generally include muftis or diplomats who are trying to inform the poor and uneducated somehow. And surprisingly, they only show how they kill westerners and not a word about the rest of the religion. You know what they are not the villians, the westerners who made them like that are.

Well as a muslim I will continue reading this free manhwa to see how villianous fictional muslims can be?

Also if any of the mods are around please get rid of Islamophobic shit.

I agree with those posters that instead of trying to start a war, they could at least try to discuss business with Empire like exchange XX resource with food and etc. Please don't tell me that they don't even have anything worthy to trade with Empire at this point?

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, was not expecting Prince to be big brain just from the title of a book.

Dex-chan lover
I will say this; I'm honestly glad the opposing side (who are also religious) is not the Catholic church. Because there have been so many stories where the church is evil. Like, come on, there are a handful of religions in real life already. Just pick something else for crying out loud.

Also, Muslim prince is dumb. Yeah sure, threaten a large empire with war while yours is starving. That'll definitely work.

Dex-chan lover
Where is the king ?
From the very start, they talk about the prince but if there is no king why he stay prince ?

I don't ship Marie with Crown prince at all. She deserves true freedom and happiness. However, other candidates don't really have a chance to interact with Marie.

Lmao you can't ask for something without giving something in return!
If you ask for help do it in a proper way like "I need food what can I give u in return? " not like "give me food or i will start a war!"

Dex-chan lover
Empire: "You need food? Alright, I will you all the meat that insults your religion and you can't tolerate, prepared specifically to make you boil in anger. :)"

Yeah I mean I know crown prince and Marie are the main people here but I just want Marie to get the freedom she’s always wanted.

What the prince likes is Marie’s diverse range of skills, given by the dreams, not Marie herself. If they ever got together I feel like Marie wouldn’t be able to live freely as she wishes to be, and would be trapped for the rest of her life in a kingdom that has treated her like shit since childhood

Users who are viewing this thread