A Capable Maid - Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
@Svelandria
I don't mind authors writing about times in history that had societal problems, but it's still up to the author's choice if they're going to portray those problems as unjust and unfair or not. No matter how people try to justify it, it comes down to special pleading.

I honestly can't think of anything that Rachel has done that showed more ill intent than the Prince. Is wanting success malicious? If we're talking about normalizing the awful behavior of the Prince, why not also recognize that Rachel's behavior is the only way for someone in her position to find success?

As for the prince, he's allowed to be as malicious as he wants and never faces any repercussions. He was willing to murder a child, and gets people making huge personal concessions to him as a result. He plans to make the princess either marry him or be put to death once he finds her, and there is no end result of his malicious behavior that does not benefit him.

Fed-Kun's army
Rachel is technically giving Marie what she wants. She wants to leave forever, and the best place to do it is outside the empire. But how she does it is the difference.

@icekatze The prince won't ever face any repercussions. Most people who do evil things, don't. That's how the real world is as well. Though I do agree with you that the Prince is the most malicious one toward the former princess (destroying her kingdom- though she didn't care about royalty in the first place), and finding her just to kill her or force a marriage, wanting to confine and cage her.

Well, w/e, that's what character development is for. Just like all those Korean romance series about the ML being a murderous psychopath, but everyone sympathizes with them and wants them to get with the MC. Or even worse ones where the MC gets with the one who killed her in the past life, which is arguably the worst kind of ML.

I just want Marie to bounce and live a happy life as a village doctor or something. @hedgemoney what is it with Korean comics and have murderous male leads?

Aggregator gang
@icekatze You're not wrong. I just wanted to provide my understanding, and like I said there are answers for many of the "whys" and "hows," just not necessarily good ones. It is what it is, and we can only hope the prince becomes a better person in the future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh wow she finally told some one that she did it , I feel happy for her kinda but I just don’t enjoy this manhwa after the few last chapters .... such a sad life for me 😩...

Fed-Kun's army
i love the manhwa's art, the story idea.
but somehow im not feeling comfortable in this arc.....

reu

Dex-chan lover
Calling crusaders to "not Byzantium"tm, lol
a BrIllIaNT iDeA

Marie made an extra enemy and drew extra attention by trying to 'lay low' again 😪

Dex-chan lover
it's really not that smart at all lmao. Trade should have been one of the first considerations and, if you can use an intermediary, then there's no reason to hesitate over sending gold, silver or any of the other prohibited items.

Contributor
At least the other girl didn't try t9 steal ideas, and tried herself

Users who are viewing this thread