A Capable Maid - Ch. 46

@Dehaev I don't think they ever stated it outright, in fact in an earlier chapter I got the implication of the opposite. Remember during the incident that happened on the streets with him and Marie, when they went to talk to the guards they immediately respected and reported to him, I believe Marie even commented that he must be someone important. I've at least gotten the impression that the mask business is more his personal choice and the only person it fools is Marie and that's because she at least used to always avoid looking him in the eyes so that he couldn't recognize her.

thank you for new chapter ♥
finally! after some time scene between prince and MArie! ♥

and - did i miss something but who is Hildegard? (or did i already forget? 🙈)

That could not have gone better. I love that he knew. I mean, he has all along but still, he finally put her in her place and also made Marie admit to her ideas.

Dex-chan lover
Great and satisfying chapter. Finally the bitch was put in her place.

I also really like Rael as a love interest honestly. Better than mr perfect longhair boy, who is too perfect and a walking stereotype.

... but come onnnn Rael, make a move damnit XD

"Our conversation are always enjoyable" well I'm legit immediately imagining them getting married!!! So, whennnnn 😳 they even haven't know each other yet 😖

Ok, people commenting that Marie's gift is too overpower and she wouldn't able to do anything by herself. Well, first of all the reason she's able to solve the diplomatic problems is because she's well educated (of course her gift does help her but she's come up with the idea on her own based on the book she's read)
At first, it's true that her gift is overpower ike how she could composes a song when she never done that before but not anymore.
In one of the chapter, Marie said that her dream became more and more blury and also she doesn't frequently dreams anymore, so that's why in that chapter she's questioning about what would happen if she didn't dream anymore and what would happen to the talents that comes from her gift... Her monologue didn't get finised because the day after that, she got a blury and short dream.

Soo conclusion HER GIFT DIDN'T OVERPOWER, THEY ALREADY BECAME MORE BLURY AND SHE'S NOT FREQUENTLY DREAM ANYMORE LIKE HOW IT'S STATED IN ONE OF THE CHAPTER.
SHE CAN SOLVE THE DIPLOMATIC PROBLEMS MOSTLY BECAUSE OF HER KNOWLEDGE FROM HER HOBBIES WHEN SHE LIVE AS A PRINCESS WHICH IS READING.

p.s: her idea sounds stupid? It is to good to be true and impossible she would have a perfect idea? Well dude what you expect from a "story" especially a story that emphasizing the MC who has power 🤡

@Gameruru
Yeah, you could be right. I'm trying so hard to remember who this Hildegarde is and still can't remember who he is andddd maybe that's him because I can't recall read about any Hildegarde

Great chapter. I worry though about Rachel now. Even when she thought things were going her way, she knew she would need to send Marie far away (which would have worked for Marie's plans anyways). However, now that the jig is up, Marie can no longer be used but she'll still hold Rael's attention and favor. It makes me wonder how her and the other candidate will react. While Marie wouldn't be considered a threat to their marriage due to her status, Rachel still may not like the idea of such an outstanding woman remaining close to the Prince. It's one thing when she's a useful tool, it's another when she becomes a thorn full of the prince's scorn.

I think the Hildegarde the prince is reffering is a real life character called Hildegarde van Bingen, a middle age polymath (basically multitalented person) and saint of the catholic church. The text has alluded to characters from our world and the empire itself seems french inspired so it's not far fetched that the author might have used a European reference

Contributor
The prince is the best guy here for me, he changed quite a bot since the start, unlike mr perfect silverhair.

And the other candidate seems like she could be a nice friend for Mary.
Rachel is already a lost cause.

@whatever_voyez it used to bug me how convenient everything is to Marie until I saw which other works the author (Yuin) did, which basically follow the same logic. It's supposed to be like a tale, a woman that with some fantasy interference (reincarnation, 50 lives, or this blessing) becomes excellent in their life path, in not many chapters we already know enough to find out how the story will end, and reading is watching almost everything run smoothly until the known conclusion arrives. Just like most tales are. I think people feel it's odd because they most surely read other manhwa or other korean media, and they have a huge inclination on making things quite "dramatic" from the drama (as in TV drama) tradition, to make it a very conflictuous story, and this author's style goes the opposite way.

Fed-Kun's army
The prince acknowledges Marie as brilliant, love it. He's very attentive to details and a good judge of character. Didn't even come close to believing Rachel was the one to come up with all those ideas and called her out on it.

So now the question is how this goes down. Neither of princess candidates gained his approval and Marie herself is the most suitable but doesn't have her status revealed yet. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Dex-chan lover
Lol she was dumb anyways, if the prince likes her there's obviously a reason why clearly she's smart and he knows

Users who are viewing this thread