A Capable Maid - Ch. 46

@Mar19 She doesn't know anything. She wanted Marie gone because she was afraid that Marie would reveal that it was her who came up with this idea and the other stuff.

Double-page supporter
@gingerreadsthings If he knew what the Western emperor knew -- that Morina disguised herself as a maid to escape execution - then he might put 2 and 2 together. They're convinced she escaped and is one step ahead of them hiding out in Cloyan somewhere. They actually underestimate themselves.

It's more of a mystery why the Western emperor didn't figure it out. He was specifically looking for a maid from Cloyan that stood out.

Dex-chan lover
Did someone say.... Crusade?

iu

@FStubbs right? It’d be one thing if we had some introspective panels of him dismissing it for this and that reasons but right now it seems he hasn’t even considered the possibility and...that seems odd.

But now that I said that, I bet we’ll get a “he knew all along” episode...

Double-page supporter
@gingerreadsthings That would be an interesting twist. But then I guess it goes back to - there's no real proof. Even if Marie admitted it, how could she prove it?

I read it last year and we're still in chapter 46.. slow updates :<

im so glad the prince knows its marie who is the true brains and not that lying princess. she was definitely going to off marie when that happened

Dex-chan lover
Lol bish deserves what she get,the prince is all over marie since from the beginning.

...sugar cane is, practically, a weed so if you start with seeds, you don't need them anymore after the cane has reached maturity because you can just cut a piece long enough, make it root and it's done: sapling to start a new field, ready to harvest one year later.

The blonde chick's problem is that she was being dishonest. Even if she was stupid, a leader is supposed to rely on the help of those around her, they're not one-man bands. All she can do is regurgitate what she's been given by Marie and she can't even bring any of her own ideas into it or explain certain things from her own education.

Most of all, the first thing she thinks of doing after becoming queen is backstabbing the person who helped her?

yeah get out of here.

Supporter
So I’m expecting blonde chick to try and kill Marie next chapter. Or maybe the dark haired one will do it to try and frame her

At this point, even the emperor should realize that despite her social status, Marie is the best choice. Also, couldn’t he just say she’s the lost princess (she is) and people would believe him?

Dex-chan lover
Damn, dude really said "fuck outta here", but now Marie is in danger again.

That felt a bit forced. The question was to find a suitable item to trade and the answer was sugar canes. I can see someone coming up with that answer while not being aware of the intricacies and politics of trade; these two matters aren’t mutually exclusive. Case in point, the prince already knew about loopholes in the trade rules, but couldn’t think of a suitable item to trade.

@AngelaOb

yes, but the raws are already up to 51 so it is entirely up to the pace of the scanlators up until that point.

Users who are viewing this thread