A Capable Maid - Ch. 48

Ceh, typical cliche carriage bump nonsense. This cliche is everywhere in the shoujo isekai. LOL.

the carriage: *runs over a rock*
the driver: *small bump* oh my
inside the carriage: absolute mayhem, marie about to eat shit and break her face, papers flying through the air, romantic catching

well at least the cliche might make her find him attractive

hold up, when marie think she touch something soft
and at the last panel, marie hands was on the chest.
that's means some kinda plot twist or I am tripping?

Everyone's freaking out about the carriage ride and I'm still laughing at "NO FUCKING WAY." Only took 48 chapters for someone to even remotely consider the possibility that this square peg might fight in that square hole.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
>Carriage meets pebble
>Driver experiences minor jolt
>Passenger experiences earthquake.

Dex-chan lover
@Sootyxsnowpetal
It looks like a concord stagecoach, although I can't really see if it's using the typical leather strap suspension. (Also, it doesn't seem like they're making use of staging... but the whole setting is already a bit anachronistic.)

The average speed was probably 5 mph. Judging from the picture, that rock was only about 1.5 inches tall. (Between felloes and metal tire, the rim is probably only ~2.5 inches thick.) Even if it weren't a dirt road and the rock would have been pushed into the dirt, that kind of bump is not significant at horse drawn speeds.

The physics calculations are a bit beyond me as well, but based on my extensive experience of riding bicycles over rough terrain, I'm pretty confident that you'd need a much bigger obstacle to send someone flying out of their seat at that speed.

A progress in finding her true identity and progress with her relationship with the prince. My favorite chap so far 😍👍

Dex-chan lover
"On top of that, nobody from Cloyan knows who she is". What even? Would it be surprising if nobody knew of this random maid in the castle? Before she came under the prince, she was well-known for being really bad at her job as a maid. That information should be easy enough to find. But they're like herp derp, she's too talented to not have been known back then?

And what is this? It's pretty well established that when the Cloyan Kingdom was conquered, it was basically a slaughter of the royal house (except Marie, obviously). Is it not at all surprising that no one knows about this random maid? The obvious explanation is that everyone who did know is dead. The level of suspicion around her is a bit too high.

Users who are viewing this thread