A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log

@TheDefend here u go
2uqyvld.jpg

Group Leader
@monkey123
Series is about his activities so he will not gonna fuck them to begin with because series is R-15 not R-18.

You can check spoilers on Alphapolis (for ln) for illustration arts.

3 chapters in and I already want to nope out, so many bad flags raised.

Anyone with two brain cells and some remote experience with RPG will accept that those skills are useless? Archery + Stealth = Crit (or at least bonus damage) is like the fundamental of RPG, and artisan skills are freaking useful. Even if the NPCs already sell the item, if you can make said item yourself, you will be able to save money for other things. And what's more, in a game where taste is simulated, there is a cooking skill, and no one ever tried to see how far they could go with it until MC, especially when the stronger players found out that bread alone isn't enough anymore?

The author can't expect to sell me this kind of bs 'world building' where everyone else beside the MC is too stupid to try out different skill combinations at the age where people can make an entire playthrough out of Speech and Illusion alone in Skyrim.

And there is the fact that everything happened so far is only to highlight how awesome the MC is with his "useless" (yeah, right) skills, and the "crisis" happened only to take him to an even higher pedestal. That's only because the people of this world apparently didn't put enough point in intelligence, and don't even have the most basic of RPG knowledge.

Bottom line, not better than any bland generic powertrip Isekai out there.

3/10, because the premise is promising, but nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
@ShiroVn
The bottom line of your comment is true, but I think you got there with the wrong premise...
The powertrips this story is taking itself on, are by having an MC that tries to specialize in everything, and somehow.....It works.
He does alchemy, archery, blacksmithing, cooking and magic.

Not that doesn't mean you cannot be proficient in all of these fields, but it's insanely unlikely that he'll be able to compete with other players who normally specialize in one or two fields. There's multi-classing, and there's hexa-classing. That's just stupid. The MC should be severely under-leveled and weak, or he was supposed to grind 3 times more than everyone else. Seeing as he has a full time job, the odds of that happening is nill.
Combine that together with his "Protagonist aura field", in which every unlikely occurrence will happen around him, and to him directly, and you get an OP-MC fantasy powertrip story. It's as ridiculous as it gets, but I still find the story enjoyable for its characters.

Dex-chan lover
@ShiroVn

The thing that boggles my mind is how this is rated so highly (for both the manga and novel) when other similar works get their usual mediocre rating.

Because, as Solipsist said, it's mostly enjoyable because of the characters. The plot itself is nothing to write home about but something about the characters and the way the story goes just feels nice to read (for me, at least).

Fed-Kun's army
@ShiroVn @Solipsist Very true. I can say this though, Only Sense(it came first so it's porbably expected) does the same but does it a lot better, the MC there found a hidden multiplier that makes his multiclassing extremely powerful, which may be a bug or a feature. And now some people are considering whether he just changed the meta for Bows. Things there a lot more believable, because the MC is nowhere near overpowered, and things don't really go his way, like it does here. Yet when he gained a sudden power up, it was because he is one of the few players who decided on using bows, and it is a fact that the MC is highest leveled Bow user in the server. So him being the one to learn new things is very believable.

I thought Toaru Ossan had gotten a spinoff manga when I saw this appear in the search, WHY ARE WE HERE JUST TO SUFFER!?

Aggregator gang
Was much, much better when this manga didn't take itself so seriously, especially the art style.

To anyone who's reading my comment in the future, please help to mention me in the comment if the chapter of Fairy Queen "Come Back" released.
Thank you.

One of the scan groups needs to find another project...... There are plenty of manga that needs translations.

after chapter 11 translations were done by a robotic Master Yoda,

sudden drop in quality of the translation almost made me drop the manga

Users who are viewing this thread