A Common Story of a Lady's New Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Interesting! Color me intrigued!

@grey_nobility I'm guessing this is based from a novel, like many of these are, and the cover is from that 😂

I cringe when she got rebuked from her attempt at learning magic. Remind me too much of what happened in my childhood days :(

All the snarky comments about "banning war" lol.

Also I thought that magician was cool til he went full douche. Like weow. The tone of this webtoon is surprisingly bleak and blunt, but I don't mind it at all. It's fairly balanced for now.

Dex-chan lover
That mage bastard. Surely many nobles want to become mages, I can imagine and there is this enthusiastic noble girl all smiles ans stuff and I can imagine it pissed him of to be bound to a child, that believed magic is fun, while it is hard work for him. Even though she IS a genius! Knowing those kind of stories, I bet he just told her a load of bullshit, over loaded her worklimit with senseless exercises, was frustrated bottomless, when she didn't quite and in the end, when she miraculously somehow managed to evoke magic, becasue she made some sense from the scraps of real knowledge she accumulated and got hurt, he really cursed her, said bullshit to scare her and told her parents she doesn't have any talent.

The sad thing is, I believe, if she would have studied on her own she would have seen through it. She should have believed that bastard.

Dex-chan lover
That mage... Wow, what a jerkbag. If that's what the people of this world are like, it's no wonder everyone's eyes look like they have seen some serious [stuff].

the plot seems like it'll be a little gloomy.
their faces are scary.
she should've learned magic.
the banning war comments send.

Dex-chan lover
Goddess the eye's are like stickers placed awkwardly on a face or apple's eye's from AC new leaf

Double-page supporter
Thank God I wasn't the only one who had to double-take at the "war ban". Sounds like a gag in a Monty Python skit.

Hmmmm..... i read a manga with a very similar plot but can't remember the name...... 😕

Dex-chan lover
This art style makes me think of an indie horror game. Something about the eyes...

Fed-Kun's army
@LeafiFa I like the concept but the execution of this is a rather rough. Are you thinking about Miss Not-So Sidekick? Cause that one is pure gold.

Users who are viewing this thread