A Common Story of a Lady's New Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

Well, I'm happy that misunderstanding is finally sol--wait, nevermind *facepalm*

@Tehmora Gonna step in and say "not all females" lol. Buuuuuut, actually, that's how almost all romance stories are built on: misunderstandings.

MC crushes on someone but thinks it's unrequited even though the readers know the other person likes em back? Misunderstanding.

MC thinks they messed something up big time and it's their fault, but it actually was sabotage by a rival (that only the readers know)? Misunderstanding.

MC thinks the world and all its people are out to kill them so they have to live by a certain set of rules, where the reader knows the true intent of all the other characters and the MC's wrong about their assumptions? Misunderstanding.

MC doesn't necessarily have to be a girl ofc. But in this genre of story where the MC is typically in a certain plot, and the plot is drawn out to have some sort of conflict in a world that's actually pretty ideal, the main plot device that drives it forward is the MC's misunderstanding of what's going on. Readers can tell the MC has it all wrong because that's part of the storytelling. But it doesn't make it any less frustrating that this MC is a complete dunce for the past 12 chapters and actually attempts to get a little bit of clarity, but still projects her assumptions and continues her misunderstanding.

As for her being female? These stories with romance or shoujo elements involved typically have female characters, yes. And for them to have these klutz levels of misunderstandings helps build the whole story. I've read through 30 isekai/transmigration stories, both ones where the MC is super competent (Cheating Men Must Die, Life of a Spider, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, Accomplishments of a Duke's Daughter) or super oblivious (I Am a King's Daughter, Sincerely I Became a Duke's Maid, I Became the Villain's Mother), and while the tropes are tiresome, or can be used on males, and yes both genders can be autonomous and misunderstand on their own time...

Yes, this is in fact getting dumb for some readers lol, that sure isn't the only comment on how blind Valerie is. But we wouldn't be reading this if we weren't prepared for it.

Oh, thanks for the chapter BTW, pretty art!

i can keep up with the misunderstandings for a few more chapters if i must but i'm begging the author not to drag it for long or else many readers who expect some brains from the characters will start leaving... and that would be a pity because i think it's overall a cute and funny story and i'd love to see how the relationships between all charas grow. if the plot ends up building over misunderstandings over misunderstandings for comedic relief it'll really be a waste of potential

see i was surprised their misunderstanding was resolved too early but the author just wanted to throw another curveball to my face to increase the stress in my life while reading this manhwa

Dex-chan lover
we dodged the ML is a macochist misunderstanding and went right for the cupid misunderstanding.
And I don't see why people are getting mad at our adorable MC. If you don't tell a person you love them, dont expect that person to think that they're the person you love. This misunderstanding is all on the guys here.

@Tehmora I’m honestly tired of internet feminists like you. Yes I wrote female cause female protagonists misunderstand. Koreans don’t have gender equality and love portraying female characters as quirky and naive. All female protagonists have the same personality. They misunderstand everything and go around assuming everything but “It’s not their fault!”. Stop fighting with imaginary anti feminists on the internet, they are very hard to find.

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!

Group Leader
holy f* these goddamn retarded protagonists... I can't take this anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread