A False Confession - Ch. 40

Cabel has been nothing but caring towards her, the Prince fakes his care towards her.

I wonder when she'll realize.

CABEL BEST MAN BEST MAN
ALSO RANESHA TRUST HIM A LIL BIT :((
He has protected u several times already!

I laughed at Tirack's!

I dont think Renesha at fault for being scared of him. She grow up knowing his name as someone who brings death. All of the people around her always talk about he always punish. Her fear is justify. Plus his gloominess doesn't really soothe the feeling at first look. Like Cabel you have to know him really well to see it. Even Tirack scared of him.

The MC has already proven she can put some more trust into Cabel, after she felt safe when she had him walking with her for example. I hope we will get much more of that quickly enough for Cabel not to get hurt <3 I really love afc

Well, at least, Cabel is more straightforward with his thoughts and expressions, even if it is perceived as scary or intimidating.

The Prince, in my opinion is more sneaky and hard to understand.

I hope she learns to trust Cabel and opens up to him soon.

does anyone know the raw chapter release schedule? i can’t access the full list on the website since i don’t have the kakao app/aren’t in korea ;u; .. is it released 1 chapter a month?

@ninaaziz I agree. We have to remember that she doesn't have the benefit of observing things like us the readers. Her impression is based on his reputation and her own experiences of seeing him as a glaring brooder. For us, we know he is a male lead so we're given an extra dose of confidence that he's a good and decent guy. While it might seem a bit extreme that she thinks he'll kill her off, I think deep down she knows he isn't a bad guy but that doesn't change the fact she finds him very intimidating. In fact I think she's probably more often than not speaking in hyperbole, she may not think he'll actually kill her off but she's still frightened of how he'll react if she gets on his bad side.

The fact is people fear what they don't understand and Cabel is a guy who I think very few really know. When someone leaves a bad impression, you're usually moved to overlook that only when you either have a personal interest in them or if you've been paying attention to their actions over time to realize you were wrong. Renee hadn't yet paid him that kind of attention so she's slow to look past her own bias. While less fitting for a heroine figure, I actually like that we get to see such flaws. She can be a bit foolish, lazy, selfish (though not to an extreme) but that makes her a person rather than an ideal.

I do worry for poor Cabel though when he inevitably finds out about the false confession. Not only will it hurt to find out she wasn't into you to begin with, but it'll be a double blow realizing the only reason she didn't correct the mistake was because she was too afraid of you to do so.

@Aeriandra yup. I know a lot of people don’t like her for it, but honestly its how most people would feel. Not everyone has an omniscient point of view. He’s intimidating and isn’t a very open person to begin with, so even if he’s helped her out, it’s hard to figure out his motive. I also agree that she is probably exaggerating thinking that he’s going to kill her (I mean, would you really obediently follow someone you think might kill you when you have a paladin on your side?)

I do feel bad about that false confession but I’ll keep waving my Team Cabel flag.

Renee is now a major shareholder of Tirack’s life lmfao

God honestly I still like Elvin... I really hope he doesn't end up being evil. So many series already do the same thing...

I aint mad with her being with Cabel, just leave mah boi Elvin alone lmao

Users who are viewing this thread