A False Confession - Ch. 42

@ReviitZ yeah I was kinda surprised when he more or less confessed to her that he's concerned more about her efficiency than her happiness as a person and she kind of twisted that around to mean he likes and cares about her in his own way? Between that and her totally different change in standing, his attitude seems very "interested". She's a pretty dumb MC tbh, she doesn't seem to realise people may act differently due to her new fame, she lacks self awareness.

How is she so cautious of Cabel but not cautious against Elvin? Elvin is just as scary as him on the battlefield. Secondly how can she not see the Elvin is using her? He's gonna use her a stepping stone for now(ik at some point he will start to like her but now now). It's so annoying :/

Dex-chan lover
did he just say he's used to staring at her ass?
iu

Somehow I think he's going to say something she has never even thought of 😅
Poor Renee..

Whoa whoa whoa... I don't even have to say anything, my, what an intense chapter.

First off, thank you so much for the new chapter again!

Secondly, I can understand the frustration with the FL for many people, but honestly? I can understand her.

It's easy for us to say that our good boy Cabel simply has a resting bitch face and that the FL should finally get over it and start liking him, which I can't wait for myself, but the FL herself is caught up in an impossible situation that any of us would struggle to deal with. Her entire vision of Cabel and Elvin is completely distorted due to her feelings of stress, (debatably justifiable) fear of Cabel, confusing feelings of love for both and misunderstandings and - again - her overall situation keeps her anxious and under constant pressure. I know what it feels like to have your feelings and view of the world subjected to extreme tunnel vision that you're only able to identify later on after proper communication. And we all know our precious Cabel is not the best at communicating clearly how he feels, part of the reason why everyone keeps wondering why in the seven fucks he accepted her confession in the first place.

All I'm trying to say is that the FL suffers from extreme tunnel vision: demonizing Cabel and glorifying Elvin and she just can't help it at the moment. I know she'll break free and see her mistakes but for now, I can really relate to how she feels and nevertheless enjoy every single chapter, the amazing art and the overall writing/story.

i have one question;
what is happening with the art style ? it's changing every chapter; sometimes it's good sometimes it's well ....

Fed-Kun's army
@Dislike I'm fine with MC not liking cabel. It's her choice and honestly, without the knowledge as readers, his stoic face is too tough to figure out that he cares for her. What I can't stand is how she is wavering between the prince (that she has a crush on) and cabel (because she is starting to see his kind actions). If MC really doesn't like him she should just speak the truth, because how that he is the one pointing out to her, it's an all-round bad situation. I feel really bad for Cabel if he is just led on like that...

i can’t stand how she’s leading cabel on with his feelings. she should’ve come out with the truth and that’s what frustrates me.

Dude, the way Elvins eyes glow while his face is cast in shadows is seriously scary.
Aw yisss, showdown between the two male leads! I've been waiting for this! And Cabel noticed her wandering gaze. Gosh, I love all this drama unfolding right now! 😆

Thanks for the chapter, I'm eagerly awaiting the next!

Aggregator gang
Seriously. Just tell him the truth and move on. This is getting more annoying by the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
I see a lot of comments from people who are mad at the MC for dragging this out and not telling him, but she literally said her reason for that was because she was scared of what Cabel would do if he found out. In my opinion it's perfectly understandable--he's a scary guy and she can't really tell how he feels.
Readers are able to bash on her because we know Cabel is not a threat. However, think about it from the perspective of the protagonist. If you were in her place, would you be able to easily come out and say that your confession was a lie? Smh. Yeah, I feel bad that he's being led on, too, but it's the result of an unfortunate circumstance. Not her fault.

@Dislike that's a perfect explanation, thank you

Is it just me or the coloring is a bit off at this chapter?
It looked kinda off but if there are certain conditions,like author's sick and someone helped to color, i guess it's understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread