A False Confession - Ch. 43

@Sweet_Seats That's my bad, exaggerated probably wasn't the best word for what I meant. I meant in the sense that her fear is more heavily emphasized/pronounced in the story, the author has it as the big issue for her.

@Dislike: And thank you for voicing a different point of view. I definitely agree with you on how she isn't capable of being her normal self when it comes to Cabel. Like you, I'm looking forward to seeing the character development she'll need to go through to get over that. Hopefully, it will also come with being a bit more assertive and willing to stand up for herself. As much as I love Lili, she can't babysit Renée all her life.

Fed-Kun's army
@JWChibi The lack of logic makes me lol. I also question how a capable general just accepted that the person he is currently dating still has feelings for her "first love".

Wow, I feel so bad for Cabel. This would have been a great thing for her to come clean and get herself out of the relationship (if she was lucky) Moreover, how can she think that lying again is a better idea? Isn't it worse if (to her) this scary guy found out you lied not once but freaking twice? The excuse that she is too fearful of him doesn't make sense as she has seen him beyond his "fighting mode" and also his more tender moments. This doesn't mean she has to fall in love with him but, at the very least she shouldn't be as scared of him as she was before the war. This is a total lack of development and makes no sense despite the amount of time that has passed. She is just continuously digging a hole for herself.

I'm losing brain cells ...please I hope the story gets better with some actual sense in characters that are supposedly smart and the FL needs get some goddamn courage Jesus ! he hasn't even done anything remotely scary to her why she always on her toes around him

Why does nobody mention about the drawings?!
They're awful.
If this goes on I would stop reading even if the story is good. I mean why not read the book if the manga has bad drawings?

I hope Renesha doesn't keep this up much longer. I can't take it! She's so inconsistent. In earlier chapters, she was thinking that she had misjudged Cabel. After he saved her form that ambush she felt that she could rely on him to protect her. She saw him differently when she went to his tent to help him sleep. And she already knows that his scary disposition is only from lack of rest.

But now she always thinks he'll kill her? It's like she was developing an understanding of Cabel but then completely unlearned everything when she confessed. Smh

Aggregator gang
I think a lot of peoppe had a very grave misunderstanding. Our mc and Cabel's interaction in the whole journey can only be counted in one hand. Thats the reason why they lack the "development" that people keep talking about,have you guys read the same manwha as me? From the start to now, im pretty sure the development was focused with the shiny white knight. We could see them walking side by side, talking about some trouble,sweet moments etc. Cabel on the other hand simply had some vauge scene and simply too few interaction with our mc to progess and "develop" their relationship. Heck, they barely talk to each other too you know?

Dex-chan lover
I pity the black knight yet I also pity renesha. Anyone would lie if they were cornered in a cliff like that. I'm not sure if I'd still ship any of the ships here even if I like the black prince.

@locoshipper you mean this manhwa's art style is awful???? i mean each one to their own taste but i think you need to only like a very specific style to consider this one "awful"

Everyone out here are saying Rene needs to give Cabel a chance but.. You're honestly not seeing it from her pov.

I don't remember since it's been so long since I read it, but I think even back when he used to go to the temple to sleep, he's been extra scary. He looked ready to kill her for moving and disturbing his sleep if I'm not wrong. I don't think anyone needs to put up with having to be on your tip toes around someone just to not anger them.

And if she feels uncomfortable around him, it can't be helped. I actually know this feeling so well, except it's w a friend. I really need to watch what I say sometimes cos they're so easily triggered and get all angry scary upset like cabel & you kinda just find yourself watching your words and trying not to displease them. And yes, breaking it off will also most likely cause a lot of complications. From her pov, it just doesn't look like it'll go well. Did you see how threatening he looked just then in the first few panels? Sure, she's exaggerating when she says he'll push her off the cliff, but we all exaggerate things in our heads.
The main point is, she is afraid of his general demeanor and she has all the right to be. She's seen several instances of him being way too short tempered. Why do ppl here think she needs to put up with a short tempered person? XD even if he did save her, it doesn't mean his temper is gone all of a sudden. Just try dealing with someone who gets that angry irl..
I mean, I love Cabel so don't get me wrong, from a reader's pov it's obvious he's actually soft underneath. But if some guy were like that to me irl, with a resting sleep deprived bitch face, I'd wanna yeet out fast or keep my distance cos it's just too risky to actually break things off.

I like that it's a realistic reaction to someone who's scary instead of the usual "airhead mc who's all carefree and happy in front of someone who looks threatening and therefore making them soft" troupe.

That's not to say I specifically like our fl though xD she's okay. I forgot her name, but I like the bestie with the glasses the most lmao

I really don't like Cabel, he's too aggressive. Hope she ends up with the prince. Renesha doesn't deserve this torture 😭

While I agree with reasonings to why Rene is afraid of Cabel..

Still 100% want the prince to save her uwu Like atleast, give her comfort and tell her Cabel ain't all too bad but he'll be there for her when he gets too pushy or sumtin'. I know in my heart that the Cabel is the true ml but.. Ugh.. I feel so sad q w q

yeah, no, i simp SO HARD for Cabel. i fell in love with him. shitttt if Renee doesn’t want him ILL TAKE HIM

I believe the misunderstanding/disconnect will last only for a certain point. You can only fake it for so long. Most likely somewhere along the lines, it'll all be out in the open about how Renesha felt driven to pretend that she liked Cabel. This might even happen just when their relationship was starting to develop nicely. When it does happen, I foresee a brief falling out wherein both Cabel and Renesha will realize their own faults on their part of the relationship and later make up thereafter, deciding that they already actually do like each other for real.

Anyways, I do favor Cabel still, but like for real, he's just got quite a lot of pent up frustration and is so short-tempered (I know there's probably a tragic backstory in store lol). Dude really needs to deal with that. I won't stand for it. Screw it being a part of him as an edgy, misunderstood character. I do hope that, while still maintaining the false confession, Renesha starts becoming more comfortable with that she openly addresses this part of Cabel and helps him change for the better.

It's really frustrating to see her hesitate like that! And lying again and again, digging her own grave 😁. And it's unconfortable to see her so afraid of Cabel. Still, her heart is racing, and not from fear ~~
He's intense and short-tempered, like you don't know when you 'll step on one of his buttons... He's also very cute and soft (inside). I want to know more of him and his story.

I guess the MC's still young and inexperiment in love soooo everything is kinda confusing. Sometimes it's hard to sorting out feelings. Especially with handsome guys :D
I hope she'll clear the situation fast and getting in real relationship with Cabel. Plus, I don't think marrying the heir of the throne is such a good idea, too troublesome in the end.

Dunno if I'm the only straight guy here but on behalf of all men out there I apologize for those times we put you between the wall and the sword

That being said. As most people I think she's better with Cabel. She just said that Cabel went to El Nur a lot since he found peace there and as she also discovered, he liked her beforehand so is better with the one that may be trying to learn how to treat her well but has liked her since the beggining

Also as a male I can tell you that golden boy has never given me good vibes for some reason. He is one of those dangerous easy-to-rely-on guys that hids stuff

Users who are viewing this thread