A False Confession - Ch. 45 - Season 1 (End)

Fed-Kun's army
Can't believe this is the of S1. Waiting patiently for S2.
thank you for all the work you've done. gonna miss Rene fumbling about. lol

I think the story went very weird.

I know some cliche cold-but-actually-very-sweet type of boyfriend but Cabel is really OOC(out of character).I mean Cabel is always seen as a poker face even during romantic moments but suddenly after they dated, he became a whole different person?I mean people would still feel very awkward with their first relationship even if they knew their crushes liked them back.Especially the fact that he was used to have a poker face in front of his soldiers for years(?).It just rubbed me the wrong way.

I really hope the author could take this time to fix these kinds of problems.The story seemed promising at first with fine anti-climatic plot twists(like Renee discovered that the prince cared for her since her power is useful for the troops) but the recent episodes kinda disappoint me.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sweet_Seats She's unrealistically overpowered and everyone loves her for no reason? She's a transmigrator for no apparent reason other than to make her more relatable and to serve as a self-insert? She's a Mary Sue, bro. Maybe not the worst case ever seen, but she definitely is one.
Again I'm not complaining about it because this is literally all isekai manga. I really don't care, it's actually kind of enjoyable sometimes. But you can't deny it as a reader lmaoo.

Aggregator gang
@nivinator overpowered? Almost every isekai/reincartion mc had a perk like that. And nope not everyone love her for no reason. Did you skip something? She became like that because she froking made a miracle, ofcourse everyone would fawn over her. Mc like bakarina are what you can call as mary sue but not this one. There's no such a thing as "not the worse case", they were either a mary sue or not. There is no in between.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sweet_Seats "overpowered? Almost every isekai/reincarnation mc had a perk like that." YES, that's literally what I just said. Almost all isekai MCs are Mary Sues, that's why so many people read them, they're basically just self-inserts (especially when they're transmigrators). This one is no exception. Also when I say love I mean romantically, like Cabel. I can't think of a single reason why he'd fall so deeply in love. And yes, there is a "not the worst case" lmao. Some Mary Sues are much worse than others (for example, Bakarina is much much much worse). I don't think this one is that bad.

Thank you for the hardwork ❤️

OMG CABEL ! ;AAAAÀ; HE SO DANGEROUS FOR MY HEART

@Rubbiccino bruh, that sounds like a borderline toxic relationship. I mean if she's genuinely just misunderstanding and working on herself and shit and you can handle it, then fine I guess, you do you. But keep in mind that many people in toxic relationships try to justify their partners abusive behaviour and it takes wayyy too long for them to finally realize what they got themselves into and break free.

I'm not saying you need to cut all ties with her, like I barely know her or the entire situation you just described.
Just saying that you dropped a lot of keywords that could be hinting at a legit abusive relationship and I don't want anyone to go through shit like that. If you feel yourself walking on glass too much and having to worry over each and every thing you do for days on end, take a leap of faith and ask yourself if you want to keep this up. Sometimes it's just not worth it, bro. Keep yourself healthy

Why ppl hate on rene too much lol, she is my favourite in the story along with cabel and rene's friend, this is all new to her too

There’s no official date for s2.. Boys, I think we’re going into the direction of ’This Girl is a Little Wild’ o’er here. Let’s just hope not😖
Though I do agree that the art went downhill when the author put a tiny note at some point of the manhwa, but nevertheless they still retain the character’s unique points.
I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but sickly-type MLs are really hot for some reason lol. Especially Cabel. Gosh, he’s so hot and adorable at the same time. I can’t say this manhwa is perfect but I enjoyed every chapter and it made me happy!—I sincerely pray for season2. I hope the author continues it *grovels on the ground*

FUCK. Im kind of mad we didnt get to see her in the dress. All we got was a back shot. Oh well time to wait a decade for this to come back. Thanks for the translations so far. I just found this today and marathoned it. I really enjoyed this though there were some questionable decisions. Damn, I wonder how long it will be for S2

Contrary to many of the comments I've seen which have expressed their dissatisfaction for this series owing to the character's personalities and decisions, I personally don't think it's as bad as some ppl criticize it to be :/ sure, the mc is indeed not the typical picture perfect female lead we often see in this genre of manhwa,, evident from her selfishness and her prejudice towards cabel. But it's this flawed character of hers that provides a basis for further character development in the future (which I rly rly rly hope the author will be able to pull off in the next season T T ) in fact i think it makes her a more believable character with her own weaknesses...

As for cabel I see comments saying that he's a toxic character with violent tendencies which is something we shouldn't promote as an "attractive trait" but in hindsight in which instance has he actually enacted violence on the mc lmao.. some people argue that he went too far with that confrontation at the cliff but.. did he really choose that location with the intention to push her off or something in the event that he received an undesirable response?? I really doubt so hhhh.. honestly it wouldn't have made sense if he acted in any way different from his "grim reaper" self at that point of time so I don't really get what people are so upset about :/ We should also remind ourselves that his backstory is still shrouded in mystery and we dont know exactly transpired in his life that made him behave the way he does so,,, isnt it a bit quick to judge him at this juncture of the story? Not to mention that the story is told from the mc's perspective who happens to already have preconceived notions about cabel.

I don't really have much to say about blondie here lol tbh his character is pretty bland if you ask me... hes very obviously the supporting male lead rip TvT I'm hoping there's more depth to his character to be revealed in the subsequent parts of the story... he's wayy too squeaky clean a character it's almost suspicious :"-)

In general this manhwa really isn't half bad imo, or at least in season one... the art is pleasing to the eye, I had a good chuckle during comedic parts of the chapters,, especially with mc's comebacks and analogies here and there, and the plot is not too bad so far as well. Whether or not this series will turn out to be a good one as a whole, would boil down to how well-written the character developments are going to be, how convincing cabel's reason for his behaviour is going to be and ultimately how the two leads' relationship will develop moving forward

@dislike Honestly, thank you so much for your concern :'))) I have thought about the possibility of it being toxic & have been trying to work my way through figuring out what exactly I want to do about it. I have confronted her about it once & explained certain things that I did not like & I am just gonna give it a little time to see if there is any change. If it continues being a bit too much for me to handle, I probably will have to take that leap of faith tbh >~<)
But thank you for actually reaching out to me about this :')) It felt relieving to even mention my feelings on this matter somewhere & have them acknowledged

Users who are viewing this thread