A Mild Noble's Vacation Suggestion

Dex-chan lover
I winder if the author realizes that it’s only gay when he has to make an author’s note to absolutely ascertain that it isn’t. People will always make their own fantasies and ships, but when you (the author) have to make a specific note about your work not being gay; it’s gay, and you need to seriously reevaluate yourself. And there’s nothing wrong with homosexuality, so don’t be so ashamed of the fact.

I haven't really read proper shoujo title for few years now, so I can't say whether the standards changed, but this sure needs shonen ai tag...

This is almost as gay as Kyou kara Maou...
except KKM had enough self-awareness to not try hiding how gay it is...

Group Leader
@TNT261 More likely it's for "legal" reasons, the company he submits his work to may have strict guidelines about what types of stories can go in specific magazines. If this work was classified as Shounen Ai/Yaoi it could be kicked out of the more popular main magazine and into one of the lower selling niche market ones, and the amount of money earned from it could be lowered.

Dex-chan lover
so i read the first 3 chapters and the people comment this is yaoi right?

i never like read any manga with yaoi tag is not my thing if you like this manga good for you but is not for me i am out of here

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroWWE those are just shippers where they think guys can't be friends and if they are friendly they are automatically in love with each other.

author has already said there is no yaoi

Group Leader
@ZeroWWE The author specified that there is no bl. It’s just like any other fandom for a non-romance series. We can’t help but ship the main characters even if we know it will never be canon.

Aggregator gang
This looks like a fujo bait but this is actually one of the less common isekai with good characters.

Double-page supporter
I must say I’m glad it not BL. Recently it was pretty hard to find manga with the good looking ML that’s not BL.

Well it's also possible author just wants to point no BL out because there does exist deep non-romantic guy and guy relationships and doesn't want the fandom to get the wrong and big ideas that the guy characters would get together.

Considering how toxic the Owari no Seraph fandom can be when it came to Mika and Yuu I can see why the author wants to put out that note to crush any notion that their relationships would develop into BL.

This is good.
A good read where the characters are good looking and give a bit of skinship and some cute ekspression plus bromance.
And their personality is good expecially the MC! Man i like this guy!
And i'm courious about those ancient language and that noble! He looks kinda creep

Contributor
@millenialboomer:

(to the extent you're not just trolling)

On the one hand, I sort of get where you're coming from. On the other hand, guys and girls who are just really good friends have had to deal with this sort of bullshit since forever (see: "Guys and girls can't be best friends, it will always turn into romance!" trope, which I know a good many people believe, to a greater or lesser extent, implicitly or explicitly, IRL). Guy-friends having to deal with it now too (on account of gay relationships no longer being taboo everywhere) doesn't really introduce a new problem as such; if anything, I hope it will in the long run force us to develop the mental vocabulary to acknowledge that there are "really close and affectionate friends" whose feelings and interactions overlap with what we think of as being vaguely in the realm of romance, but who aren't interested in other aspects of what we think of as romance—without regards to gender.

It's not like we're fundamentally incapable. For whatever reason, a lot of people treat girl-girl relationships correctly in this regard (close affection is okay; romance is totally conceivable but not assumed just because there is affection. If there's fuzzy uncertain overlap that's okay too).

(Though I feel all that has arguably somewhat besides the point for this series in particular—or at least, by my reading, this one is deliberately invoking specific gay romance tropes from BL manga, right and left. Which, to the extent that it is so, seems a different matter entirely, and likely the source of all the sarcastic "yeah, sure it isn't meant to be gay, author," responses, including, as full disclosure, some of my own snark vaguely along those lines.)

Dex-chan lover
I like the author's note~ I welcome brotherhood series, romance can actually be the con of some incredible series (though that still ain't stopping me from making CPs). good stories don't need romance, BUT I have to note. Shoujo explicitly is targeted towards youth female audiences. BL or not, it's definitely going to rile up that part of the community. AND this is what I'm assuming, my comment going into the series
ch.1: I can see character tension, not specifically gay tension. it's mainly a easy-going series of pretty boys. it's like the backdrop of a dating sim, so a visual novel without the romance. BUT I'm seriously not complaining. the art is cute and I like the cast so far. mainly for aesthetics~
ch. 3: okay author, stop lying, this is bait. even if the character is an airhead (an OP one at that), he shant be that ambiguous without a reason. give it a little more thought or development so that bi-energy or straight-man syndrome can kick in
ch. 4: wow. the character development is a mystery. too bad his looks ain't my type. (his personality is in my strike zone for fictional characters.) the pacing seems awkward - an ultimate goal has been introduce but MC has no urgency-
ch.5 But that's only in contrast to typical stories, even those bull slow-life ones. It's best to explain the story as an aesthetics story with yes, there is gay fan service. But the story is interesting on it's own. the character's personality is meant to be ambiguous and mysterious, it adds to the fact that MC is unfamiliar (and extremely capable by himself AKA alienated/independant) He brings his own plot development instead of relying on a mob or mentor figure. AND I stress, it's not like other isekais where they shove a bunch of bull world-building that can quickly become irrelevant. the information that your introduce to is basic info. that which you can infer on your own (if your used to the genre). this story serves to world-build without explicitly saying it, the atmosphere is gentle and their is genuine plot

What a wholesome manga. I'm a fujoshi but it's okay if this one doesn't have BL scenes, my imagination can do that job. 🤭🤭

Users who are viewing this thread