A-Rank Boukensha no Slow Life - Vol. 7 Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
Few chapters later:
200.webp

Dex-chan lover
Lmao the artist just used some pictures of real cookies and put a filter over it.

It feels like a really minor offense compared to making the background out of a photo with filters. On the other hand, maybe it's also strange that the mangaka bothered to do it with something so insignificant. Drawing a few cookies shouldn't have taken long, unlike a whole town street.

Whenever I see a new chapter of this I think "cool! Nice light fluffiness!" I always seem to forget how horny it can be.

Dex-chan lover
It feels like a really minor offense compared to making the background out of a photo with filters. On the other hand, maybe it's also strange that the mangaka bothered to do it with something so insignificant. Drawing a few cookies shouldn't have taken long, unlike a whole town street.

I almost look at it the opposite way: It's worse when you cheat something tiny that you could draw without much effort. I'm OK with cut and paste filtered backgrounds as long as it's not too obvious (like all those korean manhwa that use obvious CG backgrounds that don't mesh with the characters at all). Because the alternative for a lot of artists would probably be hiring an assistant to do backgrounds.

But it always really irks me when some small object the characters interact with is so obviously pasted into the art and looks wrong. For me the worst is the proliferation of clipart glasses. 80% of the time the artist just sticks them on and turns them a little bit and they end up looking like they're not even sitting on the character's face properly. For how long it takes to draw glasses just do it so it blends into the character properly.

Also I feel bad for the cookie girl whose name I forget. I've been rooting for her ever since the first teased her and toakk as a side ship.

Users who are viewing this thread