A Rank Party wo Ridatsu Shita Ore wa, Moto Oshiego Tachi to Meikyuu Shinbu wo Mezasu. - Vol. 5 Ch. 55 - In Response to Yoke's Determination, the 4 Gi…

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Mr. Uncle will suddenly pop into the MC's head again in another very convenient and poorly written flashback where he tells him either another very specific story or continuation of the previous one that will "save" him again, probably by making the goddess his companion or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Mr. Uncle will suddenly pop into the MC's head again in another very convenient and poorly written flashback where he tells him either another very specific story or continuation of the previous one that will "save" him again, probably by making the goddess his companion or something like that.
Almost for sure lol or someone else he knows telling him random story. If not that Uncle will suddenly appear and save the day.

Dex-chan lover
There's something up with this. I mean, I know it's a largely unexplored dungeon, but I think "GATEWAY TO THE DEPTHS OF THE LITERAL HELL" should have been a known thing.

I get the feeling this "Persephone" was after the MC specifically for some reason or another.

Double-page supporter
It's called an "Asshole Genie" or "Literal Genie"

No matter how you word it, the being in question will warp it in the worst way for you. Asking for her protection and guaranteed safety until they leave, means that right after they leave they end up in a death trap. Or Persephone protects them and guarantees safety from herself but not from monsters she "doesn't" control.

The only thing in stories that can actually force a none fucked over deal is another being of the same power or...a lawyer or fantasy equivalent.
I love the trope because those kinds of characters always trick the hero by taking advantage of them not wording things perfectly or simply not thinking everything through.

It is one of the few ways to defeat the hero without the villain needing to truly hurt them themselves.

Dex-chan lover
I have to confess, I read this manga, because the drawing style is awesome. I'm not only talking about the character design (Well, I surly do, too.), but I acctually also like the landscapes and dungeons (Nope, no kidding. I like them.) Also the SD-forms of the characters while being on the lighter side of the story are cute. 'A manga, that looks so high quality, shouldn't have a bad story.', is what I thought. Afterall a lot effort is spend on making it. I also hoped (still hope) it's becoming better, but here we go: The harem increased in size, the villains act stupid, the authorities do too, and so does the main cast. The girls have said the smartest stuff in this chapter. but I fear for the wrong reasons. That cringy self-sacrifice is really killing it. Would I be able the continue to live with a girl, that sacrificed her soul and will be tortured for all eternity in the future? I will remember that fact for all time, everytime I look at her. Even if things looked good before, wouldn't I partially feel guildtripped into this commitment afterwards? I know he likes his harem, but eventhough I sound hard hearted now: That was one bad choice, kiddo.
It won't get better, will it?

Others already mention that option: Drop or not...I think I'll take it the natural way and see, if I feel like reading the next chaper, when its uploaded.

Dex-chan lover
Others already mention that option: Drop or not...I think I'll take it the natural way and see, if I feel like reading the next chaper, when its uploaded.

Usually the number of series I drop due to pulling something awful (or just too frustrating) pales in comparison to the ones I drop over just no longer being engaged with it.

For this series, I think around the time the antagonist party largely escaped punishment is when I started to sour on it. It had already been kind of shaky on actually fleshing stuff out, but I let it ride because it was mostly stuff that I didn't miss, and the characters were entertaining at least.

Now though it's really just tossing out "big" twists without giving them the impact they should have, and I've found that the last few chapters have all left me saying "well I'll read the next one, maybe it will get better" instead of "gosh I can't wait to see what will happen".

And once you reach that point you might as well move on, because there's already more fantasy/isekai/LitRPG on this site than I can consume in a lifetime.

Dex-chan lover
Usually the number of series I drop due to pulling something awful (or just too frustrating) pales in comparison to the ones I drop over just no longer being engaged with it.
Same thing here. I actively dropped 3 maybe 4 whooa 14 mangas (didn't feel like that many), but over the course of how many I read, that's still a low number. It's as you said. In case of most mangas I stopped reading, I simply didn't feel like reading them anymore and ignored new uploads. And most of the time a little later those uploads also happen to stop, so...yeah.

As for the main characters. Yeah, their side-antics are entertaining, but in the long run not fulfilling enough to justify coming back all the time. Just enough to justify the hope for a turn for the better. But now they also are making decisions, that are hard to stomach and little entertaining. The style is good, the dialogs funny, but the overall story and logic became faulty from my POV.

Dex-chan lover
This is just too cringe now
First the other party was full of tards that couldn't even figure out how to tie their own shoelaces
Now its just a rehash of the Orpheus and Eurydice but with Persephone and Hades somehow merged into the same being

Dex-chan lover
Another name to be added into the list of "entities you SHOULD never make a deal with".

She'll fit right in with luminaries such as Mephisto, and Gaunter O'Dimm.

Dex-chan lover
I see they are setting up for more dartboard plot progression. This is rediculous why bother even having the flashback from earlier if it amounts to nothing. I got panned last chapter for daring to say asspulls and yet here we are 1 chapter later and the asspulls continue. If the uncle (Who said fyi "This infomation will save you one day" like why would he think that?) knew of the Death gods propensities then surely he'd have warned Yoke of her twisting words way too.

What we have here is your bonafide "We need drama so do something" and while I commend them having the deathgod not being retarded and actually outwitting MC, we now have to for sure suffer an arc where they either have to defeat the deathgod or find a way to remove the contract.

I see you’re still living up to your name Sir Bitchalot.

Btw ever consider that the advice was about how it would save the MC from despair from seeing a loved one dying and stop him from trying to bring her back from the dead? It’s especially telling since he brought up the reincarnation bit and how there’s a chance you would meet in your next life. But nah you’re to smart to consider what the actual advice was about and go with surface level shite again.

I’d recommend not reading manga anymore since you don’t seem bright enough to understand what goes on in the various series you read.

Dex-chan lover
7l6u87.jpg

At this point I'm only here for memeing and shitposting

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
How did they get to the underworld? Once mc freed himself from the testicle tree, why didn't he use the escape scroll like some commenters mentioned? If the godess has the power to alter the 'all stream', why does she need a contract with mc?

Users who are viewing this thread