A Rank Party wo Ridatsu Shita Ore wa, Moto Oshiego Tachi to Meikyuu Shinbu wo Mezasu. - Vol. 5 Ch. 60 - Simon Crosses the Line

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Deus ex uncle will suddenly appear in a flashback with stupidly sspecific advice to extend this little thing for another couple of chapters. "Now kid, let me tell you the story of this guy that had to sign a shady contract to protect his companions who were enslaved with a slave collar and how he found a solution..."

Dex-chan lover
The mood swings in this manga are so extreme. It's like dealing with a manic depressive person. Not even hyperbole, one of my long time friends has it.

While I'm generally cool with a friend having it, having it in a manga I'm skimming solely for recreation makes it really hard to keep on the "reading" list. It's like drinks, I don't need to be switching between a nice smooth coffee and Bacardi 151 shots every few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, the Big guy dies dismembered and the girl, according to the web novel, is taken by the orcs to another place (to be raped). In the manga they literally show how they don't take her anywhere, they gang rape her right there without killing her. The chapter ends when they show the wizard girl Hidden watching everything.
you can get the raw of ch65 in klmanga

wow wasnt expecting something like this bug damn im "happy" that something really happen

Dex-chan lover
Somehow really doubt that that contract will be valid, even if mc signs.
Not only will it be obvious something happened from the mere fact that simon is in that dungeon, which they can't get into any longer. But also all witness testimonies (or existence of slavery collars, if they keep them on to avoid that) will quickly clue ppl in if they didn't already realize from knowing the situation.

Feels like author wanted to force a believable evil plot into the plot, had to make it "competent" enough that it's not just a tantrum, but forgot to make it actually have any real results and not something instantly cracked down upon as soon as they exit the dungeon. Not to mention the recording, either it shows what happened, or it doesn't exist and it is obvious simon deleted it.

Need to correct #2: all the girls die or stay with simon as sex slaves.

The only non ex machina solution to this plot is, like you said, that other party stumbles upon the scene (at least a couple girls would still die from being ordered to die, tho).
If mc uses his new offensive magic powers, or tries to cast status magic like usual, they'll just order the girls to die.
The other party was expelled from entering as well for stupid as hell reasons, so that won't happen.

Dex-chan lover
Finally some developed for the Mc, kill that bastard, but noooooo the autors always make the protagonists to humble and inocents and stupids to the enemies at the point they have to torture the companions of the Mc to finally realizes to kill someone
Because japs are fucking pussies.

Dex-chan lover
This is peak poor writing 101, so not only did Simon manage to get here and MC not wake up. We are to believe the "good" new member of hero party allowed this to all go down? I squarely blame Red for all this because he had the oppertunity to end the threat of Simon ages ago multiple times and he didn't cause they can't have him give consequences to bad people.

I don't care how good items Simon and crew got, they were shown to be hilariously incompetent that even items wouldn't help them. I'm also not sure why Red is only now figuring out SImon is super trash either after his last several encounters with him it's actually baffling that our MC is this dense. Also if he goes to sign that scroll he's the biggest moron in the history of everything, like why would he believe Simon would just let them go, clearly he'd kill them all so they couldn't tell anything.

Also the way the Quill and ink work wouldn't them being forced at duress to sign something also cause it to fail? If slavehood can't then surely forced to do it would aswell. This is showing peak author needed a crutch to have everything happen all the damn time. Also MC's team literally stream everything so why is that suddenly not happening? Hmmm smells like author needed things to happen. Also the sudden they sleep and SImon there scene change is jarring and felt like we were missing like half a chapter. I don't for a minute believe that experienced dungeon delvers would all sleep at the same time nor would they not wake up from someone attacking them........

Gah I hate how wasted this series potential could have been.

Aggregator gang
I hate this plot.

If MC signed, he's an idiot. Simon would never kept his BS promises. MC is just pathetic at this point.
If MC don't sign and stuggle... then some ex-machina happens... author is just out of ideas and shit hit the fan.

Best outcome based on this stupid plot is
1. MC don't sign.
2. one of the girl is heavily injured
3. MC escaped back into the demon lord room (forgot the name) and MC train or some shit to take back the girls.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the true hero party stumbled upon the situation. But Simon party better get punished severely.

Also... how the fuck Simon and his party got inside the Abyss? Don't you need to be Rank A or S or something to enter the Abyss? Isn't that what MC fought for since chapter 1-2? Simon party got demoted and revoke the rights to challenge Abyss. This make no sense. Am I misunderstanding something?
Actually best outcome (although it's forgettable) is that his switch gets flipped & he uses his new found dark magic to smoke Simon & the rest which would also save the girls.

Dex-chan lover
gonna have to skip this until this catch up to the raws, kinda cringe drama ngl

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, after this cliffhanger, I couldn't wait, so I went after the raws, then the LN and... Oh boy, if the manga end up following the LN, Simon will get what he deserves and that
won't be "the sweet release of death".

Right before MC decide to sign, the floor where they are suddenly falls apart (ex-machina moment), sending them all several floors below. Simon and cia hit every thing on the way down, breaking most of their bones, but since the wizard girl end up betraying Simon, she make sure that the MC and the girls have a safe landing, but this floor is full of Orcs. Well, she helps the MC fight the orcs, but its too much for them, even after the other girls wake up. They decide to flee with an item as soon the boss of that floor shows up.
So, Simon, being a son of b*itch until the end, decides to make use of the slave collar, trying to escape as well, but the wizard girl stops him. She, Simon and the other two f*ckers are left behind to be eaten/r*ped by the orcs while MC and his girls escape with the teleport item, this being the end of chapter 64 (I didn't find the chapter 65 yet)

In the LN things were a little different after the fall. The way the wizard girl helped them was more "discreet", so the MC didn't notice and at the moment he got the teleport item, he left Simon, the wizard girl and the other two behind in cold blood. Only after they got out of the dungeon, the MC notice that she was helping them and decides to go back to the dungeon to rescue her. As soon they were leaving, the fat noble shows up, thinking that his plan was a success and now he have a new slave, but the slave collar was deactived long before his arrival. Well, he notices it too late and end up beaten by the girls of the MC party, the slave collar is put on him and right before his arrest by the royal guards (if I got this right), the MC put a curse on him that make his blood literaly boils everytime he gets too close to the girls.
When MC get back to the dungeon, he finds out that Simon and the wizard girl survived because of their special itens. Simon's armor gives him a regeneration ability, while the wizard girl have a item that hides her presence. The other two got eaten by the orcs (Maybe I got it wrong, but it seems that the other girl was actually r*ped by the orcs, according by some people on the comments of the LN). Anyway, the MC is finally done with Simon's BS and after their fight, the MC puts a curse on Simon. It's some kind of "degenerative poison" curse, which cause Simon's body to partially melt from inside out, causing insufferable pain until the death, BUT since his armor continues to regenerate his wounds, he's put on an eternal loop of pain. While agonizing in pain, he start to beg (and talk sh*t between the lines) to be forgiven, but since the MC is done with him, he leaves Simon in his eternal suffering and finally rescue the wizard girl.
At this point, the entire kingdom already knows the truth about Simon's team and the fat noble's dirty business and since the wizard girl was the only survival from the group, she gets all the punishing for Simon's actions. She regrets her actions, the MC forgives her and even offer her a place in his team...

Well, that's it. The LN still go on after this, but I decided to wait for the manga here.
Thank you I literally was having an aneurysm trying to wait for what happens to Simon and the other 2 pieces of shit. My hunger is satiated.

Fed-Kun's army
So true.

So. TRUE!

It is played out. It is stupid at this point. And I'm sick of deus-ex-machina plot devices, which are no plot devices at all, but just BS. The sudden awaken of a power, that hasn't been foreshadowed. The arrival of a 3rd party to intervene by chance. Everything by chance. You don't need to engage with a plot or setting or something, because some BS is going to happen in the future anyway. Maybe MC anger and compassion is so strong a dimensional rift opens, Twirax emerge, equip him with the triangle (not a triangle shaped object, but the geometric form and concept of triangles itself) and he ofpdsböaifgvs and the day is saved. And that's what we get after a senseless "We are so in love"-fest, that was also handeled really poorly.
I tried to get hooked, God knows I did, but unrelatable stuff, that renders every storybuilding before void, because nothing established is infuencing anything of importance and unlogical BS keeps happening. Those things constantly grab me by the neck, unhook me and politly set me back on the ground. I feel messed around.

On this chapter: There are harsh situations, alright. MC and gang getting into this one might be infuriating, but it's not unrealistic, if they have been sabotaged. And it's not the worst thing written in this story so far. (Sandpike being let go free is.) But this kind of situation is just poorly overused. And now we are in a dead end. MC is nearly perfectly cornered. And I swear, if there is any further "SURPRISE", that doesn't include MC or his party coming up with a plan, that is rather decendly written, I'm....I ..I don't know what I do, but it will be rather embarrassing and certainly not pretty. Include a lot of raging and yelling and stuff.

Those bastards dying or undying a painful death is the minimum I accept to see. Yes, to satisfy my rage. But also to see them gone for good. All that happening in a well told manner and in a logical chain of events is what I WANT to see.
You will. You will sir.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this plot.

If MC signed, he's an idiot. Simon would never kept his BS promises. MC is just pathetic at this point.
If MC don't sign and stuggle... then some ex-machina happens... author is just out of ideas and shit hit the fan.

Best outcome based on this stupid plot is
1. MC don't sign.
2. one of the girl is heavily injured
3. MC escaped back into the demon lord room (forgot the name) and MC train or some shit to take back the girls.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the true hero party stumbled upon the situation. But Simon party better get punished severely.

Also... how the fuck Simon and his party got inside the Abyss? Don't you need to be Rank A or S or something to enter the Abyss? Isn't that what MC fought for since chapter 1-2? Simon party got demoted and revoke the rights to challenge Abyss. This make no sense. Am I misunderstanding something?
Yeah no way Simon would keep his promise, but it wouldnt be bad to sign, No one would believe that contract, there is no situation a contract like that would be signed unless force was used. Yeah mind control and doesnt work, but threats and force does. Everyone would demand to know how he was forced to sign. The real problem isnt the contract, its whatever, its getting out of the current situation alive. Basically only option is to stall for time as they absolutely need a rescue. Though I do wonder if the collar needs them to be awake, if so using a status effect to paralyze or keep them asleep would let him fight, but I dont like his odds fight all them at once while defending.
Actually Rain being tied up is kind of a blessing, even with orders it limits her.
Also odds are a rescue is already inbound. This dungeon is under guild control and is restricted. Them entering should have been stopped, but that they were not means they probably attacked the guard or forced their way in some other way. Ether way it should be noticed that they entered and there should be pursuers.

Aggregator gang
roundabout way to finish off the thunderpike shit and have the twintails healer girl join Yoke's team. Simon and the other caster are shitheads, and musclechud is a chud. The healer's at least realized Yoke was hard carrying them a long time ago, and that she almost died because of simon being a dip

Dex-chan lover
The hero party just needs to go away. They served their purpose and there's no real satisfying way to develop their characters. Every instance of them being involved in the story since Yoke left has just been the same basic story beats on repeat with a different coat of paint.

Except this one is worse because it essentially ignores a whole whack of questions like how thunderpike got into the dungeon, how they're able to operate a all, even with the help of a shady noble, given their reputation is in tatters, why the supposed protective spell on that campsite think Yoke used didn't work. etc.

Honestly I see it a lot. A lot of manga have problems making sure that everything flows in a narratively consistent way. And a lot of the time it gets covered for with something like "suddenly, for some reason, this happened." and we're just not supposed to question the new powers out of nowhere or the new foe that was never foreshadowed or the inconsistency in the story or rules. It's like the rules of Japanese politeness that tell you to not ask questions that make others uncomfortable beg you to simply turn a blind eye to when a mangaka writes themselves into a corner and then gets out of it by just changing the rules halfway through the game.

I don't mind slow, meandering plots if they give us engaging characters. But "asshole fake hero party being abusive assholes so that they can engender sympathy for the protagonists or show off how capable and morally superior the protags are" is not engaging. It's tired and played out.
It's so bad and combined with the plothole of Yoke not being drawn with the mark on his neck that I thought it was a nightmare. I still sorta do, but my confidence in that is wavering, because it feels like the author is playing it straight, which is a terrible thing to do.

Dex-chan lover
This went from great wholesomeness previous chapter to well someone is about to fucking die real quick this chapter. Like this is some multiple layers of " hey i'm a real shithead please end me now " stuff

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Deus ex uncle will suddenly appear in a flashback with stupidly sspecific advice to extend this little thing for another couple of chapters. "Now kid, let me tell you the story of this guy that had to sign a shady contract to protect his companions who were enslaved with a slave collar and how he found a solution..."
Last time he did, the advice do (almost) fucking nothing lmao.
I hope bad advice flashback uncle appears more, it'd be a riot.

Dex-chan lover
Thunderpike technically still not downgraded in rank officially yet so I guess that's why they're still allowed to go in the dungeon? I think the guild just decided the downgrade behind the door like, a couple hours ago so they haven't got to announced it and sorted the paperwork yet probably.

The shitty noble sponsor knowing how to bypass the magical contract is neat because that's like bread and butter for shitty noble.
It also kinda makes sense that while the contract can detect mind state of the signee, it can't detect the context of everything around the signee. Only if we assume that the magical contract can only analyze and affect the one touching it though.

The shitty noble being able to bypass the intruder alert? Kinda a stretch, but whatever, noble gotta have noble info networking.

I still can't fathom how this random shitty noble that only appears in like, 1 chapter and swatted easily can be this resourceful though.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no way Simon would keep his promise, but it wouldnt be bad to sign, No one would believe that contract, there is no situation a contract like that would be signed unless force was used. Yeah mind control and doesnt work, but threats and force does. Everyone would demand to know how he was forced to sign. The real problem isnt the contract, its whatever, its getting out of the current situation alive. Basically only option is to stall for time as they absolutely need a rescue. Though I do wonder if the collar needs them to be awake, if so using a status effect to paralyze or keep them asleep would let him fight, but I dont like his odds fight all them at once while defending.
Actually Rain being tied up is kind of a blessing, even with orders it limits her.
Also odds are a rescue is already inbound. This dungeon is under guild control and is restricted. Them entering should have been stopped, but that they were not means they probably attacked the guard or forced their way in some other way. Ether way it should be noticed that they entered and there should be pursuers.
Now, all those things would make a decent plot for the next chapter. That's what I mean. Deduction, reasoning, logic, a plan. Take the hits, secretly cast sleepmagic on her to minimize damage for her, communicate to the others to stay still or things will get more ugly, stall for time, and while you're at it get the identety and/or confirmation of the guy helping them. And make MC also deduct, help to be underway. Meanwhile change the scene to the guildmaster or guards, let them talk some exposition, that Sandpike had to break in, because they couldn't get access to the dungeon, not even with the pig lord and send the other hero party after them. Then everything would be set up in a satisfying way. But we won't get that.

Users who are viewing this thread