A Rank Party wo Ridatsu Shita Ore wa, Moto Oshiego Tachi to Meikyuu Shinbu wo Mezasu. - Vol. 5 Ch. 60 - Simon Crosses the Line

Group Leader
I hate this plot.

If MC signed, he's an idiot. Simon would never kept his BS promises. MC is just pathetic at this point.
If MC don't sign and stuggle... then some ex-machina happens... author is just out of ideas and shit hit the fan.

Best outcome based on this stupid plot is
1. MC don't sign.
2. one of the girl is heavily injured
3. MC escaped back into the demon lord room (forgot the name) and MC train or some shit to take back the girls.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the true hero party stumbled upon the situation. But Simon party better get punished severely.

Also... how the fuck Simon and his party got inside the Abyss? Don't you need to be Rank A or S or something to enter the Abyss? Isn't that what MC fought for since chapter 1-2? Simon party got demoted and revoke the rights to challenge Abyss. This make no sense. Am I misunderstanding something?

Dex-chan lover
after this.....it's just cliffhanger, cliffhanger, and another cliffhanger...for like 4 chaps. Today ch 65 came out, it's another cliffhanger,but a passable(and
satisfactory
) one
i think it will be better to just wait without reading some chs..

thanks for your work. :)

For those who are interested: this chapter is around ch 49 (vol1) of the webnovel. (My op: the manga is better)

Dex-chan lover
Finally some developed for the Mc, kill that bastard, but noooooo the autors always make the protagonists to humble and inocents and stupids to the enemies at the point they have to torture the companions of the Mc to finally realizes to kill someone

Dex-chan lover
If it weren't already clear, Simon's infected with the Scarlot Rot, his brain completely rotten. He's not even understanding reality anymore. It's actualy painful to read. At this point, killing him would be showing mercy...

Dex-chan lover
The hero party just needs to go away. They served their purpose and there's no real satisfying way to develop their characters. Every instance of them being involved in the story since Yoke left has just been the same basic story beats on repeat with a different coat of paint.

Except this one is worse because it essentially ignores a whole whack of questions like how thunderpike got into the dungeon, how they're able to operate a all, even with the help of a shady noble, given their reputation is in tatters, why the supposed protective spell on that campsite think Yoke used didn't work. etc.

Honestly I see it a lot. A lot of manga have problems making sure that everything flows in a narratively consistent way. And a lot of the time it gets covered for with something like "suddenly, for some reason, this happened." and we're just not supposed to question the new powers out of nowhere or the new foe that was never foreshadowed or the inconsistency in the story or rules. It's like the rules of Japanese politeness that tell you to not ask questions that make others uncomfortable beg you to simply turn a blind eye to when a mangaka writes themselves into a corner and then gets out of it by just changing the rules halfway through the game.

I don't mind slow, meandering plots if they give us engaging characters. But "asshole fake hero party being abusive assholes so that they can engender sympathy for the protagonists or show off how capable and morally superior the protags are" is not engaging. It's tired and played out.

Dex-chan lover
Ehh i dont like these coz the punishment is almost never satisfying

Either editor said the happy tone had to be cut down or this is author fetish like tsugumomo author

Dex-chan lover
Wow the next chapters are really gore 😨 i saw them, you wont believe how is crude.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Zero tension at all in this chapter. With this genre I can't feel any real concern about everyone, we all know how this is going to end. Why even bother trying to set up this kind of scenario when your audience knows you don't have the balls to do anything but the normal MC powers up and beats everyone ending. Bleh.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck?! How did they even get back into the dungeon?
Not to mention, this is the in-between of the 2nd to 3rd floor. How were they competent enough to get past 2 floors of unknown dangers to get to MC when they were struggling on non-abyss quests beforehand!?
I hate this plot.

If MC signed, he's an idiot. Simon would never kept his BS promises. MC is just pathetic at this point.
If MC don't sign and stuggle... then some ex-machina happens... author is just out of ideas and shit hit the fan.

1. MC don't sign.
3. MC escaped back into the demon lord room (forgot the name) and MC train or some shit to take back the girls.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the true hero party stumbled upon the situation. But Simon party better get punished severely.

Also... how the fuck Simon and his party got inside the Abyss? Don't you need to be Rank A or S or something to enter the Abyss? Isn't that what MC fought for since chapter 1-2? Simon party got demoted and revoke the rights to challenge Abyss. This make no sense. Am I misunderstanding something?
3. She's the goddess of the underworld. She's the person demon lords bow their heads down to after their death. I don't see that third one happening just making a correction. But I do honestly agree that an ex-machina is gonna happen one way or another.....just kill the 3 main idiots and give the remaining idiot a good spanking. Seriously that girl should have been broken off things with this failure of a party the moment she noticed how lost they are without MC.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow really doubt that that contract will be valid, even if mc signs.
Not only will it be obvious something happened from the mere fact that simon is in that dungeon, which they can't get into any longer. But also all witness testimonies (or existence of slavery collars, if they keep them on to avoid that) will quickly clue ppl in if they didn't already realize from knowing the situation.

Feels like author wanted to force a believable evil plot into the plot, had to make it "competent" enough that it's not just a tantrum, but forgot to make it actually have any real results and not something instantly cracked down upon as soon as they exit the dungeon. Not to mention the recording, either it shows what happened, or it doesn't exist and it is obvious simon deleted it.
I hate this plot.

1. MC don't sign.

Need to correct #2: all the girls die or stay with simon as sex slaves.

The only non ex machina solution to this plot is, like you said, that other party stumbles upon the scene (at least a couple girls would still die from being ordered to die, tho).
If mc uses his new offensive magic powers, or tries to cast status magic like usual, they'll just order the girls to die.

Users who are viewing this thread