A Rank Party wo Ridatsu Shita Ore wa, Moto Oshiego Tachi to Meikyuu Shinbu wo Mezasu. - Vol. 5 Ch. 60 - Simon Crosses the Line

Dex-chan lover
i think a more appropriate title for this chapter would be "Simon crosses the line... again."

How many more times is the author going to have Simon cross the so called "line" before other characters in the story either kill or jail him? Hopefully Simon gets killed, though, because i fear the author will pull an arc out his hat where Simon goes to jail but then gets out again by the will of some dark benefactor to be an even bigger nuisance.

Dex-chan lover
I can't stand when authors feel the need to put side characters through entire chapters worth of torture just to drive home the point the antagonist is trash. And like, aren't these teams being recorded or something? It should be fairly easy for any governing body to see that when both teams reemerge from the dungeon, one is wearing slave collars that they clearly weren't when they went in.

Dex-chan lover
This guy is seriously delusional and the biggest narcissist idiot that I've seen in a long time.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, after this cliffhanger, I couldn't wait, so I went after the raws, then the LN and... Oh boy, if the manga end up following the LN, Simon will get what he deserves and that
won't be "the sweet release of death".

Right before MC decide to sign, the floor where they are suddenly falls apart (ex-machina moment), sending them all several floors below. Simon and cia hit every thing on the way down, breaking most of their bones, but since the wizard girl end up betraying Simon, she make sure that the MC and the girls have a safe landing, but this floor is full of Orcs. Well, she helps the MC fight the orcs, but its too much for them, even after the other girls wake up. They decide to flee with an item as soon the boss of that floor shows up.
So, Simon, being a son of b*itch until the end, decides to make use of the slave collar, trying to escape as well, but the wizard girl stops him. She, Simon and the other two f*ckers are left behind to be eaten/r*ped by the orcs while MC and his girls escape with the teleport item, this being the end of chapter 64 (I didn't find the chapter 65 yet)

In the LN things were a little different after the fall. The way the wizard girl helped them was more "discreet", so the MC didn't notice and at the moment he got the teleport item, he left Simon, the wizard girl and the other two behind in cold blood. Only after they got out of the dungeon, the MC notice that she was helping them and decides to go back to the dungeon to rescue her. As soon they were leaving, the fat noble shows up, thinking that his plan was a success and now he have a new slave, but the slave collar was deactived long before his arrival. Well, he notices it too late and end up beaten by the girls of the MC party, the slave collar is put on him and right before his arrest by the royal guards (if I got this right), the MC put a curse on him that make his blood literaly boils everytime he gets too close to the girls.
When MC get back to the dungeon, he finds out that Simon and the wizard girl survived because of their special itens. Simon's armor gives him a regeneration ability, while the wizard girl have a item that hides her presence. The other two got eaten by the orcs (Maybe I got it wrong, but it seems that the other girl was actually r*ped by the orcs, according by some people on the comments of the LN). Anyway, the MC is finally done with Simon's BS and after their fight, the MC puts a curse on Simon. It's some kind of "degenerative poison" curse, which cause Simon's body to partially melt from inside out, causing insufferable pain until the death, BUT since his armor continues to regenerate his wounds, he's put on an eternal loop of pain. While agonizing in pain, he start to beg (and talk sh*t between the lines) to be forgiven, but since the MC is done with him, he leaves Simon in his eternal suffering and finally rescue the wizard girl.
At this point, the entire kingdom already knows the truth about Simon's team and the fat noble's dirty business and since the wizard girl was the only survival from the group, she gets all the punishing for Simon's actions. She regrets her actions, the MC forgives her and even offer her a place in his team...

Well, that's it. The LN still go on after this, but I decided to wait for the manga here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, after this cliffhanger, I couldn't wait, so I went after the raws, then the LN and... Oh boy, if the manga end up following the LN, Simon will get what he deserves and that
won't be "the sweet release of death".

Right before MC decide to sign, the floor where they are suddenly falls apart (ex-machina moment), sending them all several floors below. Simon and cia hit every thing on the way down, breaking most of their bones, but since the wizard girl end up betraying Simon, she make sure that the MC and the girls have a safe landing, but this floor is full of Orcs. Well, she helps the MC fight the orcs, but its too much for them, even after the other girls wake up. They decide to flee with an item as soon the boss of that floor shows up.
So, Simon, being a son of b*itch until the end, decides to make use of the slave collar, trying to escape as well, but the wizard girl stops him. She, Simon and the other two f*ckers are left behind to be eaten/r*ped by the orcs while MC and his girls escape with the teleport item, this being the end of chapter 64 (I didn't find the chapter 65 yet)

In the LN things were a little different after the fall. The way the wizard girl helped them was more "discreet", so the MC didn't notice and at the moment he got the teleport item, he left Simon, the wizard girl and the other two behind in cold blood. Only after they got out of the dungeon, the MC notice that she was helping them and decides to go back to the dungeon to rescue her. As soon they were leaving, the fat noble shows up, thinking that his plan was a success and now he have a new slave, but the slave collar was deactived long before his arrival. Well, he notices it too late and end up beaten by the girls of the MC party, the slave collar is put on him and right before his arrest by the royal guards (if I got this right), the MC put a curse on him that make his blood literaly boils everytime he gets too close to the girls.
When MC get back to the dungeon, he finds out that Simon and the wizard girl survived because of their special itens. Simon's armor gives him a regeneration ability, while the wizard girl have a item that hides her presence. The other two got eaten by the orcs (Maybe I got it wrong, but it seems that the other girl was actually r*ped by the orcs, according by some people on the comments of the LN). Anyway, the MC is finally done with Simon's BS and after their fight, the MC puts a curse on Simon. It's some kind of "degenerative poison" curse, which cause Simon's body to partially melt from inside out, causing insufferable pain until the death, BUT since his armor continues to regenerate his wounds, he's put on an eternal loop of pain. While agonizing in pain, he start to beg (and talk sh*t between the lines) to be forgiven, but since the MC is done with him, he leaves Simon in his eternal suffering and finally rescue the wizard girl.
At this point, the entire kingdom already knows the truth about Simon's team and the fat noble's dirty business and since the wizard girl was the only survival from the group, she gets all the punishing for Simon's actions. She regrets her actions, the MC forgives her and even offer her a place in his team...

Well, that's it. The LN still go on after this, but I decided to wait for the manga here.
Yes, the Big guy dies dismembered and the girl, according to the web novel, is taken by the orcs to another place (to be raped). In the manga they literally show how they don't take her anywhere, they gang rape her right there without killing her. The chapter ends when they show the wizard girl Hidden watching everything.
you can get the raw of ch65 in klmanga

Dex-chan lover
I'm sick and tired of simon returning time and time again.
Also starting to get annoyed with all the barely winning battles the clover party has. Was so happy when mc refused to join the dark thing only for the author to force him to do it anyways

Dropping for now

Dex-chan lover
But "asshole fake hero party being abusive assholes so that they can engender sympathy for the protagonists or show off how capable and morally superior the protags are" is not engaging. It's tired and played out.
So true.
If MC signed, he's an idiot. Simon would never kept his BS promises. MC is just pathetic at this point.
If MC don't sign and stuggle... then some ex-machina happens... author is just out of ideas and shit hit the fan.
So. TRUE!

It is played out. It is stupid at this point. And I'm sick of deus-ex-machina plot devices, which are no plot devices at all, but just BS. The sudden awaken of a power, that hasn't been foreshadowed. The arrival of a 3rd party to intervene by chance. Everything by chance. You don't need to engage with a plot or setting or something, because some BS is going to happen in the future anyway. Maybe MC anger and compassion is so strong a dimensional rift opens, Twirax emerge, equip him with the triangle (not a triangle shaped object, but the geometric form and concept of triangles itself) and he ofpdsböaifgvs and the day is saved. And that's what we get after a senseless "We are so in love"-fest, that was also handeled really poorly.
I tried to get hooked, God knows I did, but unrelatable stuff, that renders every storybuilding before void, because nothing established is infuencing anything of importance and unlogical BS keeps happening. Those things constantly grab me by the neck, unhook me and politly set me back on the ground. I feel messed around.

On this chapter: There are harsh situations, alright. MC and gang getting into this one might be infuriating, but it's not unrealistic, if they have been sabotaged. And it's not the worst thing written in this story so far. (Sandpike being let go free is.) But this kind of situation is just poorly overused. And now we are in a dead end. MC is nearly perfectly cornered. And I swear, if there is any further "SURPRISE", that doesn't include MC or his party coming up with a plan, that is rather decendly written, I'm....I ..I don't know what I do, but it will be rather embarrassing and certainly not pretty. Include a lot of raging and yelling and stuff.

Those bastards dying or undying a painful death is the minimum I accept to see. Yes, to satisfy my rage. But also to see them gone for good. All that happening in a well told manner and in a logical chain of events is what I WANT to see.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, the Big guy dies dismembered and the girl, according to the web novel, is taken by the orcs to another place (to be raped). In the manga they literally show how they don't take her anywhere, they gang rape her right there without killing her. The chapter ends when they show the wizard girl Hidden watching everything.
you can get the raw of ch65 in klmanga
Thanks a lot. I took a look on chapter 65 and it was brutal.

I just hope that the manga keep this level and follows the LN. Can't wait to see Simon's end.

Look out! A random plot armor has appeared!

Or so I think. Idk anything about the novel but I bet that boss reappears to f over Simon.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this plot.

If MC signed, he's an idiot. Simon would never kept his BS promises. MC is just pathetic at this point.
If MC don't sign and stuggle... then some ex-machina happens... author is just out of ideas and shit hit the fan.

Best outcome based on this stupid plot is
1. MC don't sign.
2. one of the girl is heavily injured
3. MC escaped back into the demon lord room (forgot the name) and MC train or some shit to take back the girls.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if the true hero party stumbled upon the situation. But Simon party better get punished severely.

Also... how the fuck Simon and his party got inside the Abyss? Don't you need to be Rank A or S or something to enter the Abyss? Isn't that what MC fought for since chapter 1-2? Simon party got demoted and revoke the rights to challenge Abyss. This make no sense. Am I misunderstanding something?
The girl mage is probably going to help, she was already showing signs the last time we saw them.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I'm reading just to see how shitty this maga can get.
The "plot" gets worse and worse.

I hope we get a lot of gore, but even still, that does not make up for all the ridiculous asspulls we have here...

Users who are viewing this thread