A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 1 Ch. 39

@Qelix Yes, i know it is harsh. It is just an opinion, not like it will change anything. (Replying from the other comment, I am not mad at you. I wrote my line of though under this one, if you care. :-D)

@darkcat28 Im not upset, so I dont need to take a chill pill. I just wanted to understand what was on this guy's mind, and as he said, he was bored, he wanted some adrenaline. So he got it, all selfishly, disregarding how it will affect anyone else. That, mah dood, is immature/toxic behaviour for any community out there.

Going by your analogy, we should just close sites like Mangadex and individual translator sites too. Yet here you are, talking about whats legal or illegal on such a site. (Dont go down that path, it makes you look like a fool.)

But the other end, total freedom also just encourages chaos, and cases like these are born from this chaos.. IMO in this chaos you just encouraged you wont be reading anything to the end, simply because we are all humans here. The first individual/group will lose interest because its a normal human reaction, and the second individual/group will lose interest too. Why? Ever wondered why a individual/group picks the exact work it picked? The answer lies in there.
Sure, exceptions like Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet will happen, but how often, 1 case out of hundreds?

And if you want something in between, you need some rules, dood.

@Maala
that's the fucking point, why would you act like moralfag, if you are reading illegal stuff in a illegal website, don't try to put rules on translations and scans, they are pointless, anyone is free to translate stuff and post it here, and again take a chill pill, there's no chaos here, just a dude that got bored and translated one chapter of a korean webtoon, if you don't like it, then wait for the release of the other group or what you like to call the "official" release.

Dex-chan lover
@darkcat28 regardless of who's right or wrong, if you're telling someone to chill it would help to not be "emotional" yourself by using foul language, but maybe that's just how you talk normally I don't know

Anyway, the point of people getting "outraged" is to nip the problem in the bud. Sure, a lack of scanlating etiquette seems to benefit the reader since we get "more" releases, but not only is it disrespectful to the consistent original group, but it may lead to the series being discontinued by the original group.

Nothing bad would have happened if no one tried to snipe. No one was complaining about daily releases and we even almost caught up to the raws. There was no point in sniping and it just caused unnecessary drama and possibly caused a bad precedent that others will follow.

In the past people have sniped groups works and bad things happened, so why not just be outraged now and stop it from continuing in the future? It's just basic courtesy to not take over another group's scanlating project, that they've been hours upon hours of time into, without at least communicating with them. This kind of behavior can easily demotivate a group as they never know if a random person is just going to snipe the next chapter without a moment's notice.

tl;dr: just nip the problem in the bud

@darkcat28 As to "why"? Because I do not like it when due someone's "messing around" halfheartedly, the translation of a work is cancelled. I find it sad that you can't see as far as this despite all the examples for such cases in the past.
For all I care they could hog every single shit they want. But all they achieve is that the first group drops the work in 99% of the cases and after a short while, so does the 2nd (the proof of them doing it half-heartedly).

Do you really think this is about morals? It's all about my selfish desire to read a work from start to the end. Well, sorry, dood, but just like this guy has the right to post his own translation, I also do have the right to voice my opinion. I dont need your permission, nor do i need to take a chill pill instead. :)

But now I wonder, what is your argument about? What do you want to achieve? Diversity, quality increase? How do you think such acts will lead to them? I would really like to read your reasoning, in a proper argument, instead of you talking bs about what's legal and illegal and talking about morals. :)

@Qelix "Give it a shot" Dont be a moron, dont try to asimilate the meaning of someone "giving it a shot" over someone CLEARLY sniping a work in progres right after that group released a chapter.

As for your "NO MAJOR HARM" retarded statment, this is what originally was in the last note instead of the current one wich was clearly edited (because the uploader is a pussy and cant take hate for him spiting on hard working group) https://imgur.com/a/5C9Jc81

Also there is nothing getting "Desmotivated" here, as a manhua/manhwa raw reader i know alot of good manhuas/Manhwas out there that hasnt been picked and would be a perfect start for a new person wanting to get in this kind of stuff, but no thats not what was done here, furthemore if he really wanted to translate this one in specific to start in the "translating world" he couldve started from the begining and done his own version.

While the idea of baning someone over them trying to create their own version in this site despite there already being a translating team is retarded as fuck, it doesnt change the fact that what this uploader did is a pathetic and scummy move that cant be interpreted as "Giving it a shot"

Also, he couldve always gone and asked for a "Colab" to gain experience and then later on create a name of his own, just like AllenAllen

@darkcat28 Quoting you as well, also there was once an "Ilegal" translation group that were hit by the author of one of their projects and ended up becoming oficial translators, so its obvious that being a "Moralfag" helped in this kind of situation

Fed-Kun's army
TIL "sniping" is a thing.

As an outsider to the whole scanlation community, I get how that could be kind of annoying. I get the whole, "Not cool, bro." thing.

Although a lot of folks talking for the Meraki crew. I can't be assed to see if any of them are actually commenting but I'm sure if they've been doing this as long as they have, they'll probably roll their eyes and chug right along, especially if it's just this one chapter.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's ever spent time scanlating. I very much appreciate all the work.

@firosahoge would you not consider it disrespectful to the actual creator of this manhwa or do you believe all scanlation groups get the ok from the creator?

On behalf of all of Mangadex I would like to apologize to Meraki Scans, it was really inappropriate how swim_north treated you.
1546569895556.png

I hope someone go snipe that Dokgo manhwa the current translator took his time.hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread