A Single Aristocrat Enjoys a Different World: The Graceful Life of a Man Who Never Gets Married

Dex-chan lover
So, basically this story which isn't really that different from other Isekai's.

I mean, in most other Isekai Series, while the MC supposedly has many girls around him to be considered as a having a Harem, but most of those Stories end with nothing happening between MC and his supposedly Harem girls, because sex activities isn't considered a good thing. While within the plot, whenever the girls flirt with MC, he gets embarrassed and tries to escape or faint.

As for the MC of this Series, rather than being a person who wants to be Alone, he seems more like a Person who Hates other People, even if it's his own blood-related family.
I am really surprised that he even managed to get a girlfriend in his previous life (the initial part of the Ch.1 suggested that he was married which can be forced upon by parents, but that doesn't seem to be the case).

Well i guess, being good looking plus successful also gives you the independence to do whatever you want without people being able to question you much (as you can easily ignore them).
I mean, MC didn't treat his girlfriend properly in his previous life, as he seemed to have ignored her most of the time. And she just silently left him. If it had been an average or below-average looking man, things wouldn't really have been the same.

Last edited:

I mean, in most other Isekai Series, while the MC supposedly has many girls around him to be considered as a having a Harem, but most of those Stories end with nothing happening between MC and his supposedly Harem girls, because sex activities isn't considered a good thing. While within the plot, whenever the girls flirt with MC, he gets embarrassed and tries to escape or faint.

As for the MC of this Series, rather than being a person who wants to be Alone, he seems more like a Person who Hates other People, even if it's his own blood-related family.
I am really surprised that he even managed to get a girlfriend in his previous life (the initial part of the Ch.1 suggested that he was married which can be forced upon by parents, but that doesn't seem to be the case).

Well i guess, being good looking plus successful also gives you the independence to do whatever you want without people being able to question you much (as you can easily ignore them).
I mean, MC didn't treat his girlfriend properly in his previous life, as he seemed to have ignored her most of the time. And she just silently left him. If it had been an average or below-average looking man, things wouldn't really have been the same.
Dudes aro ace, and he’s shown to still help and play with his family

Definitely something of a guilty pleasure for me - on one hand it's (so far at least been) an unabashed celebration of the Herbivore lifestyle (low-pressure, solitary and easygoing life with no real interest in romance or relationships), but on the other hand it doesn't seem to get around to going anywhere particularly interesting (or even particularly funny) with the premise. I know it's just been 3 chapters translated here at the time of this writing, but I checked out the author's other works and there's been a very consistent pattern of having the MCs adopt slow-paced easygoing lifestyles, but not much else besides - not even a particularly memorable funny moment (one such work was cancelled outright).

I can't say I agree with that way of looking at it - I mean, a lot of the time people end up getting into relationships simply because it's the norm and don't give it too much thought, and it's not until they've tried a relationship or two that they realise it's not for them. And from what I saw in Chap 1 at least, it seems that the MC was simply in the process of realising he needed more personal space than most people (in addition to not really missing the "together times" on top of it), and that obviously didn't go well with the girlfriend whose needs were obviously different and whose reaction was quite understandable. Rather than being inconsiderate, it seems he was simply clueless and out of his element in dealing with other people's emotional needs, and it makes one appreciate the appeal of a single life (and the simplicity it promises) for such people.

I also don't see how being less good-looking would have changed anything if he himself was intrinsically uninterested in relationships.

Base on the chapters so far, I think MC could have Schizoid personality disorder. The question is whether this is a setup where he slowly learn the goods of developing close relationships (not necessary romantic one), or the author is projecting their own views. We will see when/if new chapter come out.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
As someone pointed out, the author is just trauma dumping with his works and I'm disappointed by it. The premise itself is not bad, but this type of mangas can be, at best, twitter shorts of 8 pages (aka 2 twits)

I don't see this dodging the axe for long if the author doesn't decide to include romance and the manga just becomes the MC finding the joy of having meaningful relationships with other people. If this doesn't happen, what could even happen? There is no plot, the best that could've happened was him enjoying growing up in a vast new world but that was time skipped so yeah.

I understand liking time for yourself, even in a relationship, but let's not pretend that solitude doesn't destroy your fucking brain. We humans, are a species that thrive and survive on the bonds we have with each other. Let's be fucking for real, we all want a partner in life because the simple thought of growing old, alone, is just the most miserable thought possible.

While thinking about it and writing it down, I really want this author to just get his manga axed ASAP, I have became a real hater. This dude is just taking the spot for someone else that could be making an actual interesting story...

Dex-chan lover

For some reason the MC feels like a Narcissist Jerk that want some space or the company of some crazy dude that never question him, respect his life style of "Don't bother him too much with you second rate personal emotional needs, because my needs are GODly first, if your needs don't benefit him don't exist"

Honestly, this is somehow decent compared to other Isekais. They always try to be "unique", but end up falling into the same trope at the end. This feels more like a Slice-of-Life, calming Isekai that was done right, which is actually decent. Just for the rarity, this is a 8/10

To be honest, the MC doesn't really come off as much as a normal loner, as much as he comes off as a huge asshole. He avoids pretty much all social interactions that don't have to do with his work, including those with his family. When his sister shows up at his house to invite him to a family dinner, he tells her that she's a stranger to him to her face, and his niece doesn't even recognize who he is because of how often he avoids them, and it's not like his family is mean or rude; they are in fact very loving and nice. He ditches his employee that he promised to treat to a meal because he finds a cool-looking artifact in a store, etc.; he's just very selfish. To me, this could end up being fine if the MC grows as a person throughout the manga, but I worry about the very real possibility that these are just the author's opinions and thoughts on the "ideal" life and that what we see is what we're getting.

Dex-chan lover
A slow life manga that's actually about a dude living a slow life?!!??!

Double-page supporter
To be honest, the MC doesn't really come off as much as a normal loner, as much as he comes off as a huge asshole. He avoids pretty much all social interactions that don't have to do with his work, including those with his family. When his sister shows up at his house to invite him to a family dinner, he tells her that she's a stranger to him to her face, and his niece doesn't even recognize who he is because of how often he avoids them, and it's not like his family is mean or rude; they are in fact very loving and nice. He ditches his employee that he promised to treat to a meal because he finds a cool-looking artifact in a store, etc.; he's just very selfish. To me, this could end up being fine if the MC grows as a person throughout the manga, but I worry about the very real possibility that these are just the author's opinions and thoughts on the "ideal" life and that what we see is what we're getting.
It definitely becomes clearer as what passes for story here progresses that this isn't a happy loner - this is just a self-absorbed, mildly narcissistic asshole who has done more than enough to alienate everyone around him.

The lack of any real consequences for his behavior and the inexplicably tolerant characters around him just read as author wish fulfillment... meaning this is probably a self insert and he will not grow as a person unless the author does.

I'm personally something of a social recluse myself and I'd be gutted if my niece didn't recognize me. I love my niece.

Users who are viewing this thread