A Song of Singing - Ch. 7 - The Best One-Sided Love (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Whilst the narrative could've been clearer (I'm still not sure what spell Maki cast on herself and what Maika did to make herself a...ghost I think?) This was a fun ride and I thoroughly enjoyed it, it has really nice art and if the author gets more time next time I'm sure the story will appear in a more coherent form.

Dex-chan lover
There is still an epilogue I believe. But yeah, I'm as confused as people here.

Dex-chan lover
honestly the entire narrative and story is a mess, but what's even worst is how vague the magic system is. Sure the author uses the singing magic as a plot device to make/solve drama but damn, it just doesn't make sense at all!

I mean, you literally created a magic system where you just "wish hard enough + sing it out" and boom you have done magic. That's fucking insane, what's stopping people from using it for evil means?? Ugh I just hate how stupid this magic thing is.

Whilst the narrative could've been clearer (I'm still not sure what spell Maki cast on herself and what Maika did to make herself a...ghost I think?)
I think Maki wanted to be like the little mermaid, so she casted a spell while she was on stage to disappear (kill herself)?. And the spell was activating in last part of chapter 6, but Maika-senpai intervened with her spell so she switched the target of the spell to her. That's why Maika-senpai is the one who disappeared.

We see that in the future when Maki's a successful actor, Maika-senpai is still there in her ghost/transparent form and she doesn't age at all, so I'm guessing she did die and that's just her ghost lingering. Though if that's the case that's fucking dark ngl.

thanks for doing this series but damn, this is so disappointing & such a waste of a good premise.

Dex-chan lover
This is what happens when you have "scenes" inside your head but have no idea of how to connect them to make a narrative. This is also what happens when you have "ideas" instead of characters. There is a great story here, but it was destroyed completely by an author who didn't have the writing chops to fully realize it. Great art, though.

Dex-chan lover
Haha, luckily the losing heroine died so the other two could be happy. Now she can watch them have sex forever from the ghost cuck chair beside their bed.

Happy....end....?

Dex-chan lover
I liked the art. The story was a bit incoherent and the ending downright dark and depressing.

Fed-Kun's army
It started off really good in the first half, but then the 2nd half just felt really rushed. Wonder if they were forced to condense it to a single volume last minute

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread