A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 33 - The Passing of Winter (20)

Dex-chan lover
lmao the prince is a snake! but he's so pretty my weakness aa

Oh boi, Shuuli really does have her work cut out for her, she's got to raise all these kids into respectable adults and while she's at it raise the adults into respectable humans too.
And since I'm not into rearing here's me hoping she doesn't end up with any of the male characters shown so far and will instead be surrounded by loving children and grandchildren 😅

Dex-chan lover
Since when did the church in these stories prioritize the care for the masses?! I smell something fishy. You can't believe churches... it's all about the greed when it comes to them.

Oh helllll to the fucking no, you do not fuck with my baby Nora. Princey boi on my shit list, and who ever is putting their hands on Noras face is also on it

oof... I thought the prince was going to be a genuine nice guy, but turns out he's pretty hara-guro, lol.
Poor Nora :(

I was a bit confused with the first half last chapter that I decided to speedread some new spoilers. To those interested, a fair warning: again, I speedread this so I might've misunderstood a few/a lot of things, give or take

CP - as we've expected, she rejects him, so what's his next plan?
Isolate Shuli and the kids. He is successful in the 3 year timeskip when Elias gets affected to the point that he gambles using Shuli's money (the CP makes a gambling den). As you may have noticed, Elias is emotionally/mentally the weakest between his siblings (plus, he WAS the most heartbroken when their mom died), I forgot if this was related to the incest rumor that was used against Shuli (the one where they used Jeremy's treatment with her in this timeline was so different). Jeremy is the oldest so he already has experience with some heavy emotional burdens, Leon is the smartest/most rational, and Rachel is the one that's closest to Shuli. CP will inevitably be found out later

CP flashback with the duke family + Nora
With Nora's bruise, one should already notice, the duke's form of discipline is frankly close to physical abuse (but the duke really isn't antagonistic to Shuli). Apparently, CP broke something and used Nora as a scapegoat. Now why would the duke trust CP? Because his first love was the 1st empress/CP mother/Shuli lookalike (and no, he is not attracted to Shuli) and CP uses this to his advantage. Nora hates his mother for not trying hard enough to intervene. This will be solved/remedied shortly once Shuli enters the picture and gives the duchess the confidence/motivation to do something on her own (and we'll have some shipping material)

The big antagonist
Creepy cardinal is OBSESSED with Shuli but is antagonistic towards her BECAUSE of the "If I can't have her then no one will"

Past timeline, Shuli death, traitor in the household(?)
HEAVY SPOILERS
1. After Shuli's death, Jeremy cancels the engagement but then they go after Elias instead and his ex fiance ends up getting pregnant (I forgot her name) so Jeremy has no excuse but to accept the engagement. So yes, Elias ends up with her in both timelines. Only difference is she ends up good in the 2nd timeline.
2. Shuli and Nora DID meet up in the first timeline, only briefly. Although without Shuli's influence/interference, Nora ends up a bit cold since you know the abuse sticks but their brief meeting ended up him taking an interest on her and with her death, it is Nora who is in charge on her investigation and is the one who tells the kids on Shuli's sacrifice to keep them safe.
3. Shuli's death is incredibly sad, originally the spoilers say it was bandits who killed her but in truth is it was all planned from all her enemies (cardinal, husband relatives, etc.). The traitor in the household being the head knight Abbington (aka the knight last chap and one of the 3 trusted people of the household in the current timeline. Basically, guy just respects the former marchioness and from what I've read is maybe affiliated with the creepy cardinal.
4. After Shuli dies, they mutilate her and cut off her body parts into pieces and dumps her body in a sh*t pile/dump/hole, I forgot. Her head was never found.

Noble trials
there will be 2 noble trials. One where Shuli has to prove she hasn't slept with her husband (I forgot the purpose of the first trial) but it was thanks to this that she befriends the current empress (who is the duke's sister. Originally, she hated Shuli because she looks like the first empress but after it is proven that Shuli hasn't slept with her husband due to a tradition involving 500 days or something, she gains her respect helps her afterwards). Shuli's family once again shows up and spouts some BS in one of the trials, most likely the first The second noble trial involves her incest rumor with Jeremy

Kids reaction to Shuli's lovelife (after timeskip)
with Nora. Rachel accepts it quickly, Leon is rational: stops to think about it and give him time but accepts it eventually. Jeremy brings Nora into a room where they have "the talk", ends up laughing once they leave the room. Elias has a tantrum and shuts himself in a room initially, someone most likely Jeremy gives him a lecture and he will also accept it eventually. A brief reminder, they only have a 2 year age gap if I remember it right. Shuli is 19 at that time and Nora is 17. And a little reminder, by the time Rachel marries, her and Shuli have the same wedding day and Rachel is married off to a foreign prince or something

Nep

Dex-chan lover
As usual, His Royal Arseness is being a royal pain.

@Hypothon
I am honestly more interested in the other family member's reaction to Shuli's death. Or did nobody care at all?

@Nep
What family members are you referring to? Remember, in the first life her reputation was terrible and she had more enemies (compared to her much better choices in the new timeline). So, yeah, other than the kids and Nora, the spoilers didn't give much on other people's reaction other than, oh yeah! Apparently her death gave an excuse to have A CIVIL WAR (noble faction vs the church if I remember it right)

And a little add-on/reminder
the only reason Shuli was seeing men left and right in the first timeline is because she couldn't push away her family who insisted she remarry someone more powerful since you know... their greedy and the father is a gambling drunkard. So to avoid that, she made the rumors herself and paid a few noblemen (but she didn't sleep with them.

So sorry if its not what you're looking for. Again, I speedread the spoilers

Dex-chan lover
@Hypothon thats a huge shit spoiler. how they react to shuli's death after it ?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@ispcizero3rd
As with the old spoilers, the kids already planned to formally call Shuli Mom on Jeremy's wedding day but they were completely unaware of all the cunning things happening around them. Shuli let down her guard since you know, Jeremy is already taking over. Her job is done and so she kinda fell for the trap but still chose to attend the wedding. Its because she was unaware of the traitor that Abbington used it to tell all her enemies how vulnerable she has become and just kill her outright.

Naturally the reactions
the kids are heartbroken and the regret is big and as expected, they're overwhelmed with the suddeness of it all. How their relatives are all eager to get a portion of Johannes's riches and Jeremy has to tackle it all on his own (not to mention on how Elias falls for their trap and gets a shotgun wedding with evil Ohara. As for their reaction, to put more salt in the wound, its Nora who has to tell them the truth of Shuli's actions and sacrifice and gives them a stern lecture (there's no implication that he fell for her since their meeting was brief but she certainly lefy quite a good and respected impression on him). Oh, and Nora doesn't let them see Shuli's mutilated body out of respect to her and the spoilers mention just how gruesome the state of her body was.

Users who are viewing this thread