A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 34 - Christmas (1)

it shouldn't be a shock but because of her demeanour she's like 25-30 years old and it's so hard to think she's just 16

Maaan! Seeing Nora crying like that broke my heart!

This ship is refreshing for me. It's not really that common to have a female lead who thinks and acts maturely and a male lead who needs and relies on the FL.

I like this chapter. It shows how men can also be sensitive and vulnerable.

Wait how old is Nora again? And also mad props to the author for normalizing the concept of men feeling emotions 🤧🤧🤧

@frenchfry Nora’s the same age as Jeremy, so that makes him two years younger than Shuli: 14 years old. Also, yes to men not bottling their emotions!

Dex-chan lover
Aw, Shuli, you're such a good girl! I'm so happy to see a religious main character, it's rare in any media to see a positive portrayal of someone with faith. And it doesn't condemn non practitioners either, since her new family was raised agnostic and are still good people. She's a good contrast to the cardinals - she uses religion to soothe her worries and help her be a good mom, verses the clergy who use their faith to gain political power. Ugh, religious hypocrites are the worst 😤😡

I'm always so pleased with every new chapter, this series surprises me with its accuracy.

To me the mom angle is still weird to me because she's only 16 and was made to marry at 14 with children only a year or two younger than her.

You go, Shuli! It's sad that even Duke Nürnberg isn't really treating you seriously but you will most certainly get there if you persevere!
Thanks for the update!

@Rualeen As I feel it's important for any potential romantic developments later on, I'm gonna correct you on this: Shuli was 14 when she was married to Johannes and is currently 16, just two years older than Jeremy and Nora.

Double-page supporter
QxJKDR9.png

I cannot stop rereading the part where Shuli was being a badass and keep the council in check. I hope that creepy dude isn’t the one planning her murder...

Users who are viewing this thread