A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 35 - Christmas (2)

Nora i know u can't help it.
But please don't jump into a conclusion.
Communication, force ur father to listen.
If he still reject u, well its his fault.

Group Leader
I am so grateful that monarchy and theocracy is dead. Both equally oppressive systems

Am not crying am definitely not crying okay!....😭😭😭
Thank you for the chapter😊

STOP HURTING MY BABY NORA! I know he’s a fictional character but the duke can catch these hands ANY TIME.

Fed-Kun's army
The father is so frustrating. I know he isn't a bad person but having a kid and not caring for them, not standing up for them and always thinking they're wrong is a huge blow to a child's psychology and self-esteem. No wonder the poor child is feeling so down and is being a little rebellious

Dang poor Nora, I really glad that he finally has someone he can rely on tho since I feel like he doesn’t have anyone else.

Thanks for the chapter!!

Fed-Kun's army
It’s ‘cause they’re giving more love to their nephew than their own son. If parental love was comparing your child to another, and always scolding, then I don’t want anything to do with it. 😒
Poor Nora ㅠㅠ

Poor Nora :(

Children need emotional nourishment too. Constantly questioning him and not even taking the time to listen.

Thanks for the chapter.

Thanks for the update. I honestly did not expect the empress's appearance to be that way given that she is the duke's sister.

I've already spoiled this but I'm honestly surprised how bad it was seeing even
mental abuse from the duke (there is also physical abuse as we've seen his form of "discipline" *aka a punch/slap to the face behind the public's eye*. Again, everyone the duke isn't COMPLETELY evil. He ISN'T antagonistic TOWARDS Shuli (plus, it helps she looks like his first love the former empress but again, compared to the cardinal, he isn't lusting or attracted towards her. Just has a soft spot) but to Nora (let me repeat: the flashback on Nora's memory is basically CP broke something, made Nora the scapegoat, Duke favoring CP BECAUSE he's the son of his first love, as for his wife, she's just too weak to fight/argue back that's why Nora hates his mom (that is until Shuli will intervene in the future)

Fed-Kun's army
this uh... this hits hard... i feel a solidarity with nora now that i hadnt felt before...

Dex-chan lover
@theilikepie :
Unfortunately monarchy as been replaced by "presidency for life" nowadays, notably in countries of the former communist block, Asia and Africa so it's just a question of semantic and theocracy is still there nearly the same as before it's just that in the 21st century it's now mainly islamic countries, but catholic, protestant and hindu ones are still there in some way as a lot of supposed secular countries' rulers still talk a lot about god this and god that in the national political discourse and put religious beliefs based concepts in their legislation (especially those against religiously disapproved stuff like homosexuals, non former historical religions of the country, or women control of their bodies, rape and birth associated with it, ethanasia, etc...).

Aw this breaks my heart. Sadly, far too many parents on the planet do this to their kids, thinking that they "know better". The Duke is sadly a very common type of parent.

Users who are viewing this thread