A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 44 - Guardian (3)

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you so much for the update but seriously the tension is really killing me!!!😫

Shuli is putting up with FAR too much for these annoying ass kids that aren't even her own, prince included 💀

Dex-chan lover
Oh my. The uncle from the children's mom's side? Also also.. Shuli!!!!!!! Nooo they need youuuuu. the children need youuuu
Many thanks

Ooh well, that's understandable from the belated wife's family but I hope they get to see Shuli is a caring person and not in it for money or glory.

@exarzz
Shuli read a letter written by her late husband addressed to his previous wife's brother. Shuli thinks it could be crucial information to help with Jeremy's case so she wishes to get help from him. She cannot meet them, probably because you know, it's the late wife's family. They don't necessarily want to meet the new wife of their in-law.
Anyway, since Shuli thinks this letter is really important she still wishes to get to meet him somehow and ends up asking Lucrecia, who is part of her late husband's family and has most likely better relations with Alicia's family.

Kie

Contributor
@Thejobbernowl I'm just speculating, but the prince is 1: absolutely jealous that no one's ever shown him unconditional, parental love and 2: thinks (twistedly) that by manipulating other noble parents into thinking that their own children are unlovable (e.g. Nora) and making himself out to be the perfect child/person, or lovable, he can win the love that these parents showed to their children. That's why he confessed to Shuli, as he knew it would cause her to think about it more deeply, and that's why he may (?) be willing to help Jeremy, as he'd get into Shuli's good graces. He genuinely seems to think that there is no reason for why those parents should love their children specifically either; after all, isn't he also a child? He doesn't understand familial bonds due to growing up in the palace, and so his logic is that if Jeremy can be the recipient of Shuli's motherly love, so can he if he simply replaces Jeremy. He also has a deep, deep sense of entitlement and fails to see why Shuli wouldn't love him if he were to offer her things that most people desire: money, power, security, a title. He's also pointing out how Shuli was in essence a stranger to Jeremy before she was married to Johannes, so why can't she also love the prince in the same fashion if he and Jeremy both have the same origin of relations with her? He just literally does not know why some parents love their children unconditionally and desires that same love; he attempts to gain it through manipulation and acting like what he thinks they want and offering things "everyone" must like. He's a total emotionally ignorant prick.

That reicher guy is probably the kids' uncle on their mother's side. It makes sense why they dont want to meet Shuli (the second wife).

Group Leader
I feel myself stupid for not understanding Shuli's scheme...
Thanks for translating!

To everyone confused:

Shuli wants to prove that the marriage was never consummated (aka she neve had sex with her husband) so she can annul her marriage and let Jeremy be head of the house, which for some reason means he gets released (idk why lol).

To prove she they didn't consummate the marriage, she'd need a witness but obviously her husband is dead and can't testify. However, she found a letter where it is hinted that he said that they didn't or won't. Since the letter is addressed to his previous wife's family, I assume it says something along the lines of "I'll always love my old wife, I won't betray her and consummate this new marriage" or something. However, she apparently needs a second witness along with the letter, so she wants the intended recipient of the letter (previous wife's brother) to be the witness. I maybe think the letter references a discussion her husband had with the brother about not conaummating the marriage or something? Idk. Anyway, the brother refused to see her, so she's asking this bitch to help I guess somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread