A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 51 - Guardian (10)

Gosh there's something so touching in Jeremy's realisation that Shuli really is the one who 'lost' the most by joining them. With some worrying that Jeremy might be a romantic interest for Shuli later on, I simply see him as a figure who will stand by her out of sheer respect for the struggles she will continue to shoulder, not only in the name of the family, but for the children as individuals. Even if he does end up feeling some sort of romantic feelings, to me personally they will be slightly misplaced, or misunderstood, affections but still relatively valid - all born out of these moments.

SDK

These translations just made everything so much more impactful. Repeatedly having moments where you can't understand what's happening in a scene like in the other translations, took waaaay too much away from the story.

Dex-chan lover
Oh finally jeremy realizing the COLD.HARD.TRUTH.
at this point let's see how he can handle his conscience for making shuli's life complicated.
Thank you for the translations!!!

Double-page supporter
The relief, pity, and sadness I felt at Jeremy's revelation was so much more palpable with the new translation. Thank you for your hard work and being extra meticulous in your clarification of the words.

Dex-chan lover
not sure why but my comment didn't appear so I had to rewrite this:
"oh holy sh*t I get it now. I mean I got it from the first translation, but this hit so much harder!!"

Thanks to this translation the impact really hit home this time: with the other group I was shocked that Richelieu apparently was married (😅) while this one Jeremy's feelings took the main stage

Jeremy is such a precious child! He’s growing up so well! But I really dislike his father, maybe there’s more for him taking Shuli as his wife but for now he looked just selfish (even though Shuli had a terrible family so escaping it’s not really a bad thing... her family sold her!!)

Dex-chan lover
Ooh! How sharp of him to realize. Truly, this is interesting all around.
May that tall dusty priest burn for all his scheming.

Fed-Kun's army
Omg thank you! This makes so much more sense and it hits me in the feels! Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread