A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 53

Group Leader
I just have a question about who the RP is or what settings y’all are using to export the final images. Ngl but the quality of the images are pretty noisy/fuzzy. Hope the scan team can find the staff they need because I really loved this series. It’s hard to read and enjoy if the TL/PR isn’t the best quality.

IDK what’s going on with the Jim thing but in my experience of doing some KTL for a historical context, sometimes the word 짐 can be translated to Jim literally.

From what I‘ve learned, it’s basically an equivalent to a majestic plural or how royalty refer to themselves/others. Something along those lines. Haven’t seen the raws but that’s the only reason why I could think Jim was even mentioned. Although don’t quote me, this is from my own research.

I'm going to go with the assumption that Jim is the old-school vernacular of referring to oneself when they are a royal. Otherwise, what the king said is confusing since there isn't a Jim in this story. Other commenters mentioned the same thing as well. And... assuming the king is asking if Shuli is a form of vengeance against him by Johannes because the context doesn't make sense otherwise.

Poor Jeremy and his newfound agony over Shuli. I'm hoping the next chapter will be a heartwarming talk between the two.

Thank you for the chapters!

Dex-chan lover
It's a confusing chapter but I'm pretty sure I get what Johannes was trying to do. He saw Shuli that looked like Ludovica and immediately went "oh this gon piss the emperor so bad" and married her. I feel bad for Jeremy though, I hope Shuli can tell him that she stayed because she loves him and the kids and maybe give our baby a hug :") also I have a feeling that Nora is gonna be the ML lmao I was hoping for an older dude for Shuli but tbh Nora is LEAGUES better than that prince so i stan

@Shoko0505

I'm not really proficient in english or korean but after checking the raw, i think this is MTL, this is what the emperor said "-이런 잔혹한 방식으로 짐에게 복수라도 하겠다는 거냐. 요헤너스." and this is papago translation "Are you trying to avenge Jim in this cruel way? Yohenus."

So i think yes, your interpretation is better.

Also this one has poetic narrations and quite high level vocabulary, i can understand some manhwa with easy vocabulary like The Omniscient Point of View of an Unrequited Love but Stepmother Marchen is confusing without human translation.

Im rlly happy i get to read this but i do wish this chapter wasnt so fuzzy (but jeremy's face in the end was clear, which confused me more haha)
Thanks for the tr as always!

I think it’s better to stick with Nuremberg and Neuschwanstein, the new transliterations don’t make as much sense

Fed-Kun's army
♡ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TRANSLATION!!!

IM SO CURIOUS ABOUT SHULLI'S BACKGROUND?? who is shulli??? Why does she resemble the previous empress? Is shulli the emperor's daughter or something?? What? I'm so confused? And the previous empress (who ressembles shulli),the current emperor, nora's father and shulli's husband were all friends? Then what happened to the previous empress who ressembled shulli? Did she die?
BTW I love the current empress SHE IS FUCKING COOL!
And Jeremy my boi😭 the ending panels broke my heart

Thanks for clarification guys, im also wondering who the hell is Jim....

So much Angst on Jeremy lmao, it should be that Shuli has really similar looks (or maybe even also with personality) to the deceased queen (aka Crown Prince's mom) so it has some impact for the King. Well why the hell Johannes choose Shuli in the first place, im also curious.

Double-page supporter
You know, the translator could have just wrote "I" or the royal "we" and spared us the confusion and footnote. Why bother translate to English at all if you feel the need to sprinkle in unnecessary foreign words like some 13 year old weebo?

Users who are viewing this thread