A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 53

Thank you for translating!

We still don't know Shuli's hidden memory--she was either killed in her past life, or she has some backstory from before she was taken care of by her mother and father. Is it possible she's some hidden relative of the former empress? It would explain her similarity to said empress, both in behavior and appearance.

@mojo I am glad we have a translation at all, but it certainly lacks refinement, ignores character, and it often hard to follow. To point out an obvious moment of error, the queen yelling 'bastard' in court was very... unregal. I wouldn't mind if the pace of release slowed down to improve the dialogue.

Double-page supporter
@Flyingpantsu May a submit for your viewing pleasure AMV Hell Bohemian Star Trek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmmARL_595k

@plumbob Yes, please don't mind my bitching, I'm happy it's being translated at all too.

adksfgdalksjfha
12 days
I really like the empress. She's a real strong character
Well, I can't say the same. She clearly said that she wanted to take the power of the house off her hand today by making the Mc beg for forgiveness, and a moment later she says that she shouldn't have done something so foolish like give the power to a child, because it could have gone in other hands and she would have to do this other times. If you think that THE EMPRESS is the one that made this a process(with the "support" of the church, sure, and with rights from the law, but to the best friend of the prince that will become the next marquis) and that she stopped it because the reason for the marriage could be revealed, even if you're the empress it's not the best way to represent a strong character, but a villainess, in my opinion.

(correct me if I'm wrong, but the painting in the memory is the late empress, the mother of the prince, right? And she is almost identical to the Mc... Dunno, maybe I'm "imagining some sort of affection for the late empress from the marquis that casually married a child with a similar appearance" but...well...the story will tell)

Users who are viewing this thread