A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 53

Lol I don't understand either what the emperor means when he said 'jim'
I'm trying hard to recollect all the names occured in this manhwa but to no avail

Fed-Kun's army
I have zero experience with scanlations, but I'm always happy to proofread and point out when something is confusing or incomprehensible. 😅

For example: who in the hell is Jim?

Even with some of the PR notes, which did help, the translations in the most recent 2 chapters seem to have backslid... 😅😅

But I appreciate that you're translating this great series, so thank you for your effort and for being receptive to criticism!

@Sampdnim

You know how the pink haired mc looks like the previous empress? And she just pops up and gets married etc? The comic is hinting, that's not a coincidence.

There's something more to why that's a thing.

Jeremy's assertion made me kinda teary... He was already guilty for wasting Shuli's youth in their family. I want to know what his reaction after Shuli's death on the past life.

Oh wow so in the past is pink haired empress, emperor, nora father and jeremy father.
And now shuli, crown princes, nora and ketemu.
although ketemu think shuli as mother ?

I'm dying to know the connection between Shuli and the former empress, if there's one. There has to be. I mean, they look way too similar...

Thanks for the update ♥️

Jeremy definitely take a hit on that trial. But Jeremy dear, your house is where she belongs. It is where she found her place, so don't ask her to leave.

No idea who Jim is, but the Spanish translation only says "Is this your way to take revenge on me Johannes?", no mention of Jim

I'm sorry... but because of your bad translations my brain hurts so bad while reading this... normally I wouldn't have minded and be happy for what I could get but this manwha in particular relies on unravelling mysteries by focusing on dialogue.

But half the time I can't rely on the translations and have no idea who the characters are talking about and to.

Also I don't think Jeremy meant he didn't know his hand was hurt, he meant he didn't know shuli's hand was hurt.

What is a Jim? The context is confusing already because of the poor construction of sentences but it can only refer to the previous Empress. Jim is a male name, there is no way that is the previous empress unless this is a personal bias and the empress was actually called Jim. So who is Jim referring to? Is he an unintroduced character who was close to Johannes? Does Johannes have a grudge against the emperor for causing the death of Jim? Please fix the grammar so the message is clearer.

@TiaSaintClaire the translator should put a note there, Jim or 짐 (朕, A first-person singular pronoun for an emperor) so it means "I" used by a king. Its korean and chinese culture, iirc it was used by the kings in korean and chinese dynasty.

@pandamom84 The context it was used in doesn't make sense then. "Are you trying to avenge me(Jim) in this cruel way? Johannes." Avenge the emperor? Confusion 100

Could it be that it was a mistranslation? Did he mean "Are you trying to seek vengeance against me(Jim) in this cruel way? If so the translation group should get out of here, this is a good story that deserves a good translation.

I don't understand.... like I'm guessing johannes married shuli to take revenge on the emperor bc she looked like the late empress? Maybe the emperor and johannes were both simping for her lol and she went and married the emperor then died and johannes be malding that she died in the care of the emperor, so now he married shuli to rub it in the emperor's face lol?? At least that's the vibe I'm getting.

wish the translation was more clear but thanks for the scans anyway

Thank you for the update! ❤️ Idk why people are bashing so much on the misunderstanding. Ik it takes lots of effort and time to prepare chapters for all of us. We all make mistakes sometimes, don’t be so harsh guys.

Users who are viewing this thread