A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 59 - Epilogue 3 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (4)

What's the worst about this is that the first timeline continues existing, unlike other mangas where you can just assume the previous world resets/disappears.

Dex-chan lover
Why of course its a church who believes in some God that has "chosen" them as his messengers to spread his words and teaching again.
To hell with religion (that does this) and its extremist leaders and followers who only uses their God to gain power and money for themself.
Why is it so common?

Edit: I was not cursing all religion when saying this, but cursing the ones who uses the name of God as a form of tool to control and manipulate people and their life in order to benefit solely themselfs to gain power.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Im--- terrified of what they mustve done to her body--- they wanted a brutal death and our knight captain's reaction---- but i still want to know how the kids react. But i dont want them to see her corpse....

Priest richlieu doesnt actually hate shuli like i thought. In fact it seems he see her more like a sacrificial angel or lamb for his god

Dex-chan lover
I dont care who translates it, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENSSSSS

Dex-chan lover
Oh no please stop sniping with your shitty translations ur gonna make the other group stressed uwu

Actually I believe this translation is better than the other scan working on it. I read this comic in spanish and english, sometimes the realeases are faster in spanish and then when I came to read the enlish translation of the other group I noticed they made mistakes that altered the whole meaning of some panels. So yeah, I'm sticking with you.

On oter note, SHULI NOOOOO. 😭😭

Fucking heretics! They should know by now that only ruler of the mankind is the EMPEROR! They should be burned by holy fire!

@Leonkristoffer

Honestly I understand that history is full of the highly ranked individuals in certain faith hierarchys abusing their power and manipulating facts to remain in power.

Just please don’t go cursing God because the fault is in the filthy people who are full of greed pretending to be religious and that they’re doing everything for the greater good.

The story is interesting and all, but this MUH EBIL CHURCH is so goddamn trite and overdone.

Anyway, thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
The evil church is a bit overdone yes. However...

I find it interesting that the cardinal is so fanatic that he HONESTLY believes he's doing the right thing. I 'm not speaking of the pope or the rest of the churchmen, but the cardinal is not corrupt. Fanatical is a more fitting word.
Doesn't change that he's a piece of shit of course.

This manwha still surprises me sometimes, at how brutal it can truly be. The last scene is frankly a lot more brutal than any amount of gore, because it lets the reader imagine just how bad it can be, and that's worse than graphical violence. Most likely, they chopped her up in tens of pieces

Dex-chan lover
@trezcast You act like it's abnormal or an outlier but in the history of the church assassinations and torture were commonplace until the modern era. More people have died in the name of god than anything else other than disease.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't like it that they give information about some background movement by showing the initial timeline that Shuli isn't aware. They will probably will have this discussion again this time around to do the same thing and very very hopefully with different results.

@leslie_zyy Thank you for your work. I think the translation, grammar and syntax of this chapter was very well done.

I think one of the main issues with A Stepmother's Marchen is that many groups have worked on this so different terms and spellings get used that confuse the readers. As well figures of speech, analogies... etc are difficult to understand when coming from another language.

@Shinobu

Why not shut that dirty mouth of yours?! You are not helping encouraging them instead you are helping yourself downgrading and being a pest for everyone. Do not read the translation if you are just making everyones life difficult and worse spitting nonsense.

Anonymous Scanlation
Thank you for taking time in translating this plus making it in a good quality piece. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread