A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

Wait wait wait what happened?? i know shuli got murdered by l men when were sent by the church but who did they capture? Wasnt that her knight or someone who found her dead? What did the emperor do? Im confusion

Well this was even more heartbreaking than I thought, the one captured was te knight that went looking for her right?

Rachel looking so heartbroken hearing the news of shuli's death absolutely broke me. And Jeremy's empty stare, i could feel his anger. I just... This is making me so emotional. That bitch, how do you feel knowing you are the reason all this happened. If you just shut up and let her come to the wedding, all of this won't happen. This chapter just broke my heart

Also isn't that the guard that went after shuli?? He probably turned himself in thinking he deserves it since it's his fault (it's not). And Jeremy is so ready to kill him. I hope he would tell the truth instead of wallowing in guilt

Aggregator gang
Clergy thinking it's a good idea to assassinate a high-ranking noble who also happens to look like the late Empress and thus having the attention of the Emperor. What could go wrong...

Dex-chan lover
People hating on Ohara are misplacing their anger. She had no idea of the plans or what would happen. That's why she's so shocked and legit sad/terrified over it.
She does know that her father was involved (not sure if Manhwa has made that explicit yet), but didn't know what was going to happen nor had any hand in it. The church and her father are 100% to blame. She also was rude to Shuli, but there's reason from her perspective for it, because of the way her mother was treated by her father since he favored his mistress, the fact there were rumors of Jeremy and Shuli being romantically involved or at least feelings towards one another, how she acted towards Shuli stemmed all from the aspect of her father and his mistress and her mother.... it's really sad tbh. Doesn't mean it's ok what she did, but she's not some cruel heartless murdering wicked woman you know?

@Siete It's not exactly happy....
it's pretty strained actually. Only reason she ended up with him was because she got pregnant by him and she was pretty... well, society didn't look towards her kindly cause of her father and whatnot. And there's a strained relationship between Ohara/Elias and Jeremy (for obvious reasons) that never recovers....

@Heenimakira she's not happy about it... Ohara is legit terrified/sad/shocked by it, you know? And I'd say to read my first spoiler as to understanding Ohara better. It doesn't excuse her being rude to Shuli, but Ohara is far from a horrible person deserving the hate people give her.

Group Leader
damn...
that kinda hurts
wait a sec i took another look at this chapter and isn't the "guilty" dude on the floor the captain guard guy from ch59?

@TheGodEmperor No, i know she was horrified but still she should feel some guilt because she indirectly had a hand in what happened. Her insecurity and past does not excuse what she did, she torn apart a family and she should feel bad about about it. Either way I still hate her. I don't think it's a misplaced anger. We are angry at her but it doesn't mean we aren't angry at the church as well

This was clearly the worst ending for everyone involved. Knowing that they all wanted to rekindle the relationship hurts even more

THIS.IS.AMAZING. This art relays the emotions of the scene so well!!

these recent chapters went so hard holy shit like the best way to describe the feeling is that every time ive been reading this lately my face looks like this: 😧

thank you for translating!!!

@osqmu this isn’t really a spoiler at this point i think, but i’ll flag it as such just to be safe. i’m pretty sure
he’s being intentionally framed for it in order to start the holy war the church has been planning

Users who are viewing this thread