A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

Wow, this was intense. Nora coming in the end just made the whole thing even more intense. I'm enjoying this whole epilogue as we get to see what happens in the og timeline after Shuli's death. Despite the rough start of Shuli's relationship with the kids by the end, they came to love her as their mother it hurts to see she won't be able to know it. Communication, very important in any sort of relationship. Ohara, she never meant for things end up this way, she only wanted Shuli to go away. She had her reasons but it doesn't change the fact her words & actions were hurtful and now with heavy repercussions.

Anyways, thanks for the hard work translators! Can't wait for next chap~

imagine how the kids are feeling though? they lost their biological mother, biological father, and now their step mother. it’s heartbreaking, tbh. as for this timeline ohara, i have mixed feelings. i don’t dislike her or resent her, but i don’t like her either. she wasn’t the one who killed shuli, she didn’t intend to murder her or anything of that sort. that’s completely on the mf church. so the blame she’s receiving is undeserved. but it’s undeniable that she DID unknowingly and indirectly create a window for the church to strike shuli. imagine finding out you kickstarted the events leading up to someone’s death?? on your wedding day?? and your fiancé happening to be the stepson of that ‘someone....’ yikes. and i can’t say i was happy about the fact that she approached shuli and told her to go away. i understand her reluctance to let shuli be apart of jeremy’s life, as she was scarred by her mother’s death and her father’s indifference to it. but that’s no reason to project your insecurities onto another person who is already being pushed away. so again, i’m iffy about ohara in this timeline but the hate and blame she’s receiving is undeserved and somewhat misdirected.

Yo you guys are like don't blame ohara bc she didn't murder her but even if shuli didn't get murdered, ohara still emotionally stabbed her with the idea she wasnt wanted... picks nose* I'm just saying different knives.

And so ohara also deserves to get shit on along with the church. Emotional pain is the one that hurt shuli the most btw. Shuli doesn't even remember how she gets physically killed in her reincarnation after all... picks nose* lol who needs to back up ohara honestly.

I'm a bit confused, I don't know if it's the translation or is this is how it is. Either ways, what a development, I'm so curious about this timeline and how she regressed or went back it time.

It's sad to see how they all cared for each other but couldn't express it or be nice to each other, and when the kids finally took the initiative it was too late, and it's really not completely anyone's fault, they were all kids going through a lot and trying to make sense of everything.

Woaaa that was intense!! It's actually heartwarming to see that the kids did care about Shuli in the original timelime, but also sad that she never knew it.

@shortk you could literally say the same about the children. Of course with the children it was just a case of them not being able to tell her they accept her as part of the family but even Shuli was like "Ah that's right they hate me after all," up until the changes of the new timeline.

Edit: I misread something and said something dumb. Can someone tell me how to delete a comment? Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
@AceTheBase I don't think talking shit about her was really a part of the plan, that was just Elias being a tsundere. Sadly, Shuli took it literally (as anyone in her situation would), but the kids weren't really planning for that. Especially since they made the plan for the surprise after that exchange.

I know some people hates side story chapters like these, but I love them. In this story's case, since the narrative is primarily focused on Shuli's point of view, we'd usually take her words at face value since there's nothing else to work with aside from speculation. Well, it turns out that she's a narrator about as reliable as Italy in WWII, at no fault of her own of course. I'm gonna give major props to the artist as well. I definitely felts the tension and heart-wrenching regrets of the kids after Shuli was announced dead. They wanted to at least start off again from square one with their adopted mom, and make right all their wrongs. Thanks to a few overzealous bible thumper and paranoid daughter-in-law, the kids have no way to make up for all their actions toward Shuli, nor will she ever know how much they appreciated her. Agh, I'm getting secondhand heartache from this, I love it. I swear I'm not a masochist though.

First our fking caption gets blamed for her murder even when he was one of the most supporting characters in the mansion. next nora is a fking spy agent or something?? We better get an explanation and Jeremy better split up

Users who are viewing this thread