A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

wtf bro, I was on a marathon for this shit and at the start it was like man how wholesome and then all of sudden it goes back before the time travel just to fuck up my feelings

Dex-chan lover
@Heenimakira oh ya, I definitely want her to experience consequences for her immature actions and she does. But others here were getting a little excessive in the hate :p I just hope more will think from more perspectives and not get stuck on just the first impression of characters (and real people). To me, Ohara is pitiful. But not one I'd hate. That priest or the vatican or so, now, them, I hate them

Aggregator gang
@mcfriies Not really a spoiler but I'll hide in the tag anyways:

iirc, the first timeline's Nora was in charge of a special covert unit that works for the King. The King asked Nora to investigate Shuli's murder because he has a feeling that the regular police/guards have been compromised (which is true).

Oh whoops. I thought I read in the beginning she time traveled back right before her eldest son's wedding which was going on in this chapter

Dex-chan lover
I re-read the chapter and logically, killing shuli does not make sense at all... I do understand why the author would do it, in terms of plot, but let's see, she is a noble, from one of the most important families of the country, OF COURSE it would be investigated, she was brutally murdered, why would you kill a noble? You could get a ransom with her... It screams death by order, any stupid person would be aware of it

i clearly remembered she time traveled before Jeremy’s weddings.. so i’m confused if this is a mistake by the author or if that timeline continued even after she time travelled

The one kneeling and being called a sinner, was that the guard that went searching for her?
If it was, I feel so bad for him D:

Edit:
Apparently he is it and was therefore framed based on another spoiler smh in the comments.
f**k, that's way to sad.

@creepychii Well of course timeline continued without her, nobody else also timetraveled. She traveled back in time in a moment she was murdered. That was kind of "reset" for her only. Or probably they took her back in time after that wedding by magician or smth like that?

@Karmichel

i dunno if we've been reading the same story here.
ransom? kidnapping?
what good would that do the church?
living people talk too much
if she's alive, they can't put the blame on the neighboring country and start a war

death is much more visceral
brutal death on this scale is a call to action, and gives the church an excuse to mobilize

the point here is to throw as much chaos together as possible
and a pile of mutilated bodies is a great distraction, and a great way to spark a fire

@Momoko29 yes it is, this is the timeline when she dies before she returns back and our Timeline starts, so this already happened to our MC, this is what she was trying to avoid bc she thinks that her death was actually bandits. She doesn’t know about the Church.

@Siete thank goodness
i’m so happy, I actually enjoy her character in our timeline and I would hate for her to get a bad ending. Thank you for this 😊

Dex-chan lover
I love how Ohara is terrified because of her droving Shuli out resulting Shuli being killed...
I want see more of where this time line goes

Damn these chapters are so intense and Jeremy looked so scary when he snapped. I'm glad at least Shuli wasn't hated and that Jeremy knew of her feeling regarding his wedding...but this was too late, this is why you don't leave it for tomorrow.
Please don't let the guard become a scapegoat for the shitty church, I feel like he thinks he's at fault too for letting her die.

Users who are viewing this thread