A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

Ah this is just too sad. And it all began with a cold-hearted girl who told her mother in law that the son she had been raising and trying to keep safe for years hates her. That is one of the meanest thing you could say to a mother. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I won't like her even in the next season.

I love Nora cause he's a cinnamon roll and he's a good male lead, but I love Jeremmy even more, it's a bit sad how in both lifes he gave up his feeling for Shuli and how in this time line Shuli made a good relationship with everyone, maybe her relatioship with Jeremmy is not entirely as a mother-son yet, but at least something similar.

@creepychii

In chapter three, the current Shuli wakes up in her bed and recalled, perhaps only fragments, of bandits taking over the carriage. Nothing more, nothing less. Her death happened instantly, most likely before Jeremy angrily stood in front of the crowd waiting for Shuli. There has to be a pretty decent time gap between Shuli's body being discovered, notifying the guards, and then releasing the unfortunate news to Shuli's family.

(We can only assume she was killed either instantly and then brutally mutilated, and that's why she doesn't recall anything further. Or it's the other way around, and her brain naturally refuses to acknowledge what happened because of trauma. I highly doubt the author chose the latter though.)

Things do get a little bit messy when time travel is used as one of the theme of the story. We can only assume in this instance that there's two timeline- one where Shuli was brutally and tragically murdered, and the other where Shuli is alive. And if this manhwa continues to follow the novel, big spoiler maybe

Ohara tries to redeem whatever she has left by wooing the ML (forgot his name oops). After obviously failing, something happened that caused the redhead brother to impregnate her. Big yikes lmao. Because of that, the family became pretty bitter about everything. And that's where the first timeline 'ends'.

This is so dark and so devastating ._. Shuli thought she was all alone but it turns out the kids love her. If only they're honest with their feelings to each other .___.

Aggregator gang
@Waider
This is what happened when she first passed away and went back in time
Basically we are seeing stuff from other ppl's perspectives not hers

Supporter
@TCCx32 I agree, but I'm still not happy:
- They picked a weird moment to allocate the flashback. Usually they would let readers believe the wrong character is the villain for a bit more and explain later. In this case I feel it kind of interrupts the flow.
- It's just hard to sit through 5 chapter of pure pain. Granted that's just my persona impression, as I don't really like drama, but it could be dealt with faster, 1-2 chapters.
- I also see a big difference in attitude on Shuli. On chapter 1 she was pissed but also excited for her new life outside the home. Now she's portraited as severely depressed.

Well, the fact that screen time is allocated to this means that it's detailed and stuff...but I want it to end T^T

Fed-Kun's army
These epilogues are bumming me out. Can we go back the the current timeline? Tired of these flashbacks

Group Leader
@HuevoPodrido : True, in the first chapters it was portrayed that Shuli was finally "free" but we got to consider whether we're following the perspective of Shuli or someone else. Like for example, if we were following Shuli's point of view; we would've been with her when she was attacked instead we were left in the dark.

This could be any character's perspective of the point like how the knight assumes Shuli doesn't get the fact that the kids actually like her or the maids' thinking Shuli looked depressed and they couldn't say a thing.

Overall, I think it's nice to portray misconceptions and misunderstandings from each party even now Shuli is just starting to actual see her role as more than just an "obligation" by her late husband. :)

Pain is all I feel.
I wanna torture the cardinal or priests or whatever their position is until they beg. I wanna choke ohara. I wanna hug those not so little Lion children. I wanna free Shuli from her suffers and pain😭😭😭
Also this is not a season finale right? Can stand to another cliffhanger 😭

wait wait tell me I'm mistaken, is the guy (that's kneeling) the knight that went out to bring shuli back and found her body and all of the other knights dead? oh god if he is I hope he wont become a scapegoat.

(I'm pretty sure it's the same dude because the hair is fairly similar and the white cape hanging over the shoulder with blood on the end from walking through the blood.)

Dex-chan lover
Uh oh! I cant breathe again! :D i bet this shit is gonna hurt for a few more chapters. And each time my breath will get caught in my chest again

Users who are viewing this thread