A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 61 - Epilogue 5 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (6)

As someone of the practicing faith, I do tire the narrative of the corrupted church. I mean, I know this corruption exists, but the church hierarchy shouldn't be associated with those who practice the faith. In fact, I am too critical of the existence of a faith hierarchy within the church when all are supposed to be equal in heaven's eyes. technically this system should have been long abolished, but, hey, here we are.

Aside from that, Shuli and Nora, man. Just. 😢

the webtoon finally answered what the knight saw that day inside the carriage..... really felt painful...
what's more is the fact that she died thinking nobody ever loved her really breaks my heart and also knowing that right now in the current timeline she seems to be living her life thinking she is still unloved and has this responsibility of raising the kids & must eventually leave... is also heart-breaking to read.... This was a gut wrenching chapter to watch & read..truly i cried today..

I promise I'm not a simp😭 I just woke up and immediately read this after knowing it was updated. Though my heart hurts reading this

Thank you for the translation!!! The art is so pretty I can't help but stop and admire every panels

Adult Nora looks so fine. I cant wait to see him like this on the next season (i hope).

Group Leader
@Singingbun the evil church trope is really not out of reach, considering the (fictional) time period. At that time, the church’s power can potentially rival the royalty’s, so gross power struggle is expected.

@ryuna Probably a combination of “don’t talk bad about the dead,” people feeling guilty because she died in such a horrible way, and people manipulating the tragedy of her death for their own purposes (to start a conflict with the barbarians). All these combine into this posthumous image of her being a saint, regardless of the way people gossiped about her when she was still alive.

AH MY HEART.
What a way to start the morning, I really like this though because all this time I've been wondering about the first timeline and now we get answers! At this point I just want shuli to be happy she's been through so much T^T

All my real homies know Nora is best boi. Also, please don't tell me this series is getting cut short. I saw the title of this chapter (Epilogue) and made unhealthy assumptions. Can anyone confirm or deny? Is it just like the chapter title to highlight what happened during the first timeline?

I'm Assuming its called a fairy tale because the 'evil stepmother' dies and as far as the current timeline is concerned its a made up tale as its an ending that won't be happening a second time.

Anyway I would like to go back to the new timeline please 🙃

...PAST JEREMY LOVED SHULI???? PAST NORA LOVED SHULI??? WUHHHHHH??? HUHHHHH???? I mean, Nora I kind of saw coming tbh but JEREMY?! Nahhhhhhh

Dex-chan lover
I probably skipped it but did the dude marry the girl who basically sent the mom on the path to her death? lmao I'm actually curious what happened with her? she looked like in legit shocked last chapter since it was her wedding day and she fucked up hard, they never did say what happened other then people got angry and best moms death and the state doing absolutely nothing to find out what happened to her death

but my fav part about this series is how we find out that even tho MC thought everyone hated her in OG but it turns out that her cruel death completely devastated everyone and basically flipped the board upside down, everyone was affected by her death even tho she thought no one cared for her even those that barely interacted with her, its actually quit amazing

Users who are viewing this thread