A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 61 - Epilogue 5 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (6)

Im confused, does Nora saved Shuli or its just symbolism?

Anyways, when I say the Cardinal I screamed:

"YOU FUCKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ROT IN HELLL YOU DEMONNNNNNNN!"

Noraaaa 😭😭😭😭😭 my heart hurts so much i cry 😭😭😭😭💔💔💔 He and Shuli really deserve all the happiness in the world i swear 😭😭😭🤧

Double-page supporter
Sad time hours~ Thank you for the upload!!! Poor Noraaaaaaa

I swear I'm not a cardinal simp!! my tears ducts are just strong...😟😩
HA!.. you stupid looking priest you were the one who told the cardinal and now your friend is going to die.😈

Can someone explain to me why Nora's dad (Albrecht??) is going to be executed?? And why are they calling him Shuli's lover who went half mad?? Or is that another person?

Thanks for the translation, however, the way the narration went and the POV of the characters are a bit confusing. Anyways, thank you for the hard work.

P. S. The manhwa went for the "I fell in love at first sight" route whereas the Novel was more like an adoration(imo), Nora was much colder there.

THAT'S IT MY BOY. I CHANGED MY MIND. I RETRACTED MY STANCE. I NOW OFFICIALLY SHIP NORA AND SHULI.

@nyan-nyan2 So the epilogue shows what happened after her death (maybe we get a reason why she went to the past to change it, since so far all seems to be going down the drain) and what we know so far:
1- The kids never hate her like she thought, they just didnt know how to be around her and were, well, kids who didnt know better (a kid taking care of kids, rly xD)
2. Nora met her just once and felt they were kindred souls, but since his life got very difficult and never talked well with his family, he took the path of a "sword" for the empire and killed corrupted nobles and other figures as his job (and discovered this way why Shuli married and what she was protecting).
3. The church is a whole bunch of fanatics that just used her death as an excuse for the people to revolt i think?
4. The captain that was supposed to care for her and did not accompany in the journey felt guilty, since "if i had stopped her or gone with her, maybe i could have saved her life". He was also found guilty of dereliction of duty, causing her to be not as protected as it should be.
5. Jeremy went on a rampage and most likely killed the fiancé (since it was her fault Shuli left with her lies and Jeremy is no fool so i bet my socks he went to kill her in revenge), but it was told to the public he went insane due to the death of his wife to be.

Why is the cardinal SO obssessed with killing Shuli so much, i have no idea... As to why he considered her dangerous and had to be removed. I hope after this epilogue we get more of the story with the new present, i want Nora and Shuli to end up together~

So essentially... this series really fucking sucks at indicating when things are the old timeline and when things are the present timeline, and really does not care that you are confused. I find myself questioning my sanity as they flip flop between black backgrounds and white backgrounds seemingly at random (and not apparently to indicate timelines but rather whatever they felt like at the time?).

This being said, this "Epilogue" is an odd way to name this arc. In fact, it is quite confusing in that it could mean either that the actual story is over or that this is the end for the past timeline. Which is why I say this series is utter dogshit at making it clear. I can never tell which timeline is which and the character's actions and dialogue are not helping either. In the end I feel lost and intentionally blinded by this story.

HDKDJ DID THEY REALLY CALL SHULI JEREMY’S LOVER??

ALSO NORA HONEY.... I’m really hoping they get their happy ending in the new timeline;;

The first timeline really hurt 😢😢😢
Shuli had to do whatever it takes to survive the harsh world of upper class society and maintain a strong facade for the sake of the house but paid the price of her happiness.
Nora despite having "loving" parents chose to side with the prince despite knowing the truth turned a blind eye for their son caused Nora pain.
Two lonely souls who were destined to meet yet never again till death did part them.
I forgot who's Albertch again? He's the guard and the last person to see Shuli leave right?
Foolish monk, did you really think the cardinal nor the church that you pledge your heart to would care if one or two people you know and care for would be spared? Just how would you react if the cardinal that you respect so much has such impure thoughts to the point of murder?

huh? why is Albrecht gonna be executed? and can someone tell me who was the rumored to be Shuli's lover? Is it Nora or Jeremy? Or was it another person?

@sweeterthanpie isn't that the knight that failed in protecting Shuli? And wasn't the part of "Neuschwanstein went half-mad longing for his dead lover" from the point of view of Nora? Maybe he realized that Jeremy loved Shuli and assumed that they were romantically involved. It seems that everyone except those two knew of his love for her

@sweeterthenpie

So Nora's Dad if I'm remembering correctly along with the king and the kid's dad all fell in love with the same woman who looks like Shuri. So yeah he was highly upset the Shuri died so tragically and is also the reason he is so helpful towards her in the main timeline

Not gonna lie it gets complicated but this should help this chapter make a lil more sense. And Novel updates has just about full spoilers to explain this whole epilogue

edit: wait I think I misunderstood the question so nevermind. Spoiler is still true but doesn't answer the question that was asked lol

RenTheWitch according to readers who have read the plot from the novel
the cardinal in a way is like Frollo from the hunchback of Notre dame, he who was a devoted man to god had "impure" thoughts of Shuli like how Frollo is for Esmeralda

one of the bestest manhwa..it would be nice if even one of them
Could remember their past life other than shurii..stop cutting onions please 😭😭😭😭 and thank you for translating love your work😁

Users who are viewing this thread