A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 62 - Epilogue 6 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (7)

Nora made a valid point to Jeremy, when Shuli was around, everyone treated her like she's the villainess that's after the father's fortune and she's been trudging through that hell till death but after she died her reputation made her somewhat of a saint or the ideal woman just because of the guilt they had.
I don't pity nor feel sorry for that young priest, what did he expect when the cardinal and the church that he dedicated his life, to actually spare the "pawn" for their own personal gain.

Dex-chan lover
How long until we return to the actual timeline?

I'm honestly sick and tired of this arc already....

This all never happened as far as those in the present are concerned. A waste of chapters IMO, it's fine as a 'what if' situation or side story in a novel. But in manhwa? wasted chapter. 6 (and maybe more) chapters worth of 'not actually relevant development' to the main plot that could be compressed further.

not even a flashback of things that did happen. but a forgotten 'what if' scenario that the only person experiencing it (shuli) forgot or don't know about. only for reader's exposition. I can't help but grumble through it all.

Thank you for the chapter 🙏 That Cardinal really is the devil incarnated

@yannickq ya agreed. I feel no sympathy for anyone, if anything I'm angry at how they treated Shuli and how they have the audacity to go "no! We loved her!" after she died as if they didn't treat her like shit. I get that they didn't think she'd die but like...would they ever have changed their behaviour if she wasn't gone? Yeah they do say that they'd call her mom for real on Jeremy's wedding day but even if she wasn't murdered she would've travelled far away. I really appreciate how Nora calls Jeremy out on his shit, though their conversation is a bit confusing

@macroblitz I'm wondering the same... I think it's mainly just for the Pain and Angst though, maybe for the purpose of making the current timeline sweeter? Though personally I could've done without it, I'm just waiting for this arc to end.

@no168_92 then simply don't read it if you don't like it. You're not the only one reading it.

I honestly like this arc so when we go back in the main timeline we have already an idea on why was the cardinal so hellbent on Shuli and why was she actually got killed instead of leaving the readers wondering. So I like the direction they're going and this is actually quite rare for a manhwa to show a previous timeline on how the mc died like the consequences and the reasons on why that happened (maybe there's an answer why she got reincarnated in the past or time-travelled) instead of brushing it off as "Just another reincarnation/time-travel".

Nora is right. Even if you hold these feelings for her, there is no point if the other person doesn't know about it. It's just perpetuating this cycle of misunderstandings. And it's not like Shuli can reach out first, she's been rejected every other time when they called her "fake mum". Paying respects to the dead is just a farce for the living. There's no point to anything if you weren't there for them while they were alive in the first place. Promise to protect her just ended up being bullshit- they hurt her more instead.

I think we will find out why and how Shuli is able to live a second life. I have a feeling it will have to do the with sacrifice. Be it Nora or Jeremy. Maybe ties in with the church?

I know people want to go to the regular timeline but it is probably important. Also.....ahem..older Nora is a zaddy okay so I dont mind seeing a bit of him personally

i really think that the cardinal either just wanted a sacrificial lamb and she was the perfect fit (for starting the war with the another religion(?)) or it has something to do as to why shuli looks exactly the same as that one portrait at the palace (the empress i think) that nora's dad said that that may be the reason why jeremy's dad is so hellbent on giving shuli a family and a good life. i hope it gets uncovered in this arc.

THIS SO FREAKING GOOD ;___; IT'S SO SAD BUT DANG THEY LOOK FINE BUT I'M TRYING TO BE SAD BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO ATTACK ME WITH THEM FINE VisuaLsSSS

Dex-chan lover
@PROGMRZ

that's why I asked when will the arc end... 2? 3? 4? more chapters? a waste of waiting time for ACTUAL story to progress..

take some time and think, the church and imperial family plot could still be explored in the ACTUAL timeline. since they are still trying to do the same thing there too...
The only difference is, Shuli (the MC) died in this 'what if' scenario and we can see how the characters react to that. but the actual timeline is different cause Shuli actually talked with and they all (the kids + Nora) responded appropriately.

My main gripe is that this can be compressed more instead of 6+ chapter of things that are not that important to actual storyline.

Novel ( written words per page) and drawing carries different weight and waiting time.

I'm not saying this arc is not good.
It's just wasting time and pages on manhwa form instead of novel one.

and I doubt we will get the reason she reincarnated. maybe later, but definitely not in this arc. The novel/source material is completed too. but I don't feel like reading it.

BTW, play VN's if you wanna explore 'what if' or multiple route repeatedly.

Wait so is this the end of the series or just like filler canon to fill some times before the story continues

Users who are viewing this thread