A Story About Becoming Cooler Than the Cool Girl (Pre-Serialization) - Ch. 16 - Cool Girl and Shoes That Can’t Be Found

Dex-chan lover
Is this a culture thing? Because in my country, or maybe just in my town, we did not care whatever a girl is tomboy or not, we just playing around together when we was elementary school.
Pretty much a culture thing, you’d be shocked how much odd or terrible shit is in places like Japan that doesn’t get shown in media.

This also applies to the rest of the planet, but in this specific case from my limited outside understanding you go out of the norm in Japan you get ostracized and bullied.

An example that just came to mind is if you’re of mixed race you usually get relentlessly bullied in school by kids and staff, “incorrect hair color” and etc.

Dex-chan lover
it's a country full of people that WILL have a panic attack if they are put in a situation where they have to stand out for any reason whatsoever. They will leave you to DIE if saving you means going against the majority, no hesitation.

Dex-chan lover
Man, no wonder she's crazy over him, dude is not a king, but the whole kingdom.

Is this a culture thing? Because in my country, or maybe just in my town, we did not care whatever a girl is tomboy or not, we just playing around together when we was elementary school.
“The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.”

Japanese schools can be seriously cruel to anyone who "doesn't fit the mold".
There's a reason why Middle/High Schooler Hikkimoris are becoming more and more common.

So did he find them in bushes or a tree or did he kick those guys asses?
He fought with the kids.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much a culture thing, you’d be shocked how much odd or terrible shit is in places like Japan that doesn’t get shown in media.

This also applies to the rest of the planet, but in this specific case from my limited outside understanding you go out of the norm in Japan you get ostracized and bullied.

An example that just came to mind is if you’re of mixed race you usually get relentlessly bullied in school by kids and staff, “incorrect hair color” and etc.
Wasn't there a japanese singer that it came out that in school he would throw mentally disabled kids down stairs and force down syndrome kids to eat literal shit.

Dex-chan lover
When in painful days, a head pat ain't so bad. :wooow:

Thanks for the translations as always!

Double-page supporter
Did Tomo get his ass kicked? Kick someone else’s ass? Get all dirty from searching everywhere? There are multiple interpretations and each of them intrigue me.

Users who are viewing this thread