A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsma…

@degenerateafro
She most likely lowered his self-esteem, Which over time made him submissive. When that happens it's hard to have the confidence to say no to the said abuser.
Also, he left her the way he did because if he didn't she would have crushed his confidence and he would be trapped in that abusive relationship.
She knew what she was doing wasn't ok.

@Blackbird
She is mentally abusing the mc. In the chapter, He said they never took the test because his ex-girlfriend said magic was heresy.

Aggregator gang
I don't think the manga will go this route, but the girl was toxic. The relationship was toxic. The environment was toxic.

Glad the MC is getting out there and not allowing some pushy bitch to dictate his life

I can't really take these types of stories seriously ever since I got into manhwa's genre.

Aggregator gang
Man finally stood up to his abusive relationship. Why the hate? Fuck people really have low self-esteem. Stop projecting yourself onto mc and then getting mad over it. If he improves himself from then on good for him.

Aggregator gang
Ah yes, a sub type of tsundere I never liked or will like. What do people see in them? Abusive....What's so pleasant about that?
There's always a thin line with tsundere characters. You love them or you absolutely hate them, with this it's the latter.
P.s even if it's the extreme tsunderes type of character we are dealing with most of these tsundere types change or open up a bit/completely after getting into relationship with their significant other. That's what make them somewhat if not completely redeemable.
This did not...conclusion *middle finger she deserved to be dumped.

Contributor
It's frustrating to watch an old relationship crumble without (apparently) anyone putting in the effort to communicate about what's going wrong.

Not that that's necessary before breaking up, to be clear! It's anyone's prerogative to walk away, and if he just felt it wasn't working, or that the only ways to broach the subject were more combative than he was willing to deal with, that's totally reasonable. I'm not criticizing him! Walking away from abusive relationships is good.

Other than that, this chapter's interesting in the extent to which if I swap the genders this becomes very familiar shoujo plot points (leave bad boyfreind, get makeover, be baffled by how much everyone appreciates you suddenly). Except all done distinctly shounen-style. Colour me intrigued for now. At least in an abstract, detached sense. XD For, alas, it seems to have brought all the... usual flaws of generic shounen stuff with it, too.

honestly i don't see much of a reason for why the mc decided to break up with her. To me the mc is just fucking weak willed. I mean, she is talking shit but she isn't legit bashing him to his core. As far as I saw the girl is probably part tsundere and can't get her feelings across properly and the mc is too weak to get over whatever the girl says to him and is crumbling under the pressure. Now, if our mc here was a chad like your standard mc in a manga that has a tsundere in it, the relationship would be going better because the mc can chad his way through whatever the girl would say and expose her true feelings and whatnot. And now, what I want to know is how the hell did this guy end up dating his childhood friend, but not understand how she works? Like, they were together since they were kids, and the girl probably did similar things like this at some point in time, so how did this even happen? Did they not have a heart to heart conversation at some point? I just don't understand.

Aggregator gang
I mean she probably does love him its just that she let her power and fame got to her head and became a bitch

Double-page supporter
I mean its good for mc to break up with her because of toxic relationship but i didn't feel that much toxic coming from her except superiority well if he breaks up like bitches from betrayal manga, yes you should break up with them definitely

Dex-chan lover
Virgins crying about a dude dumping his abusice girlfriend just cause she's hot. Alright!

Well I feel bad for her because she obviously loved him, but if he felt like the relationship was not going well for him then there is nothing wrong with dropping out.

Props to the guy getting out of an abusive relationship!

Mental health isn't worth being sacrificed for a girl who berates and mocks you.

Yes, I'm not a fan of Himedere. They suck. Personal opinion, you can like being masochistic if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread