A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsma…

fuck this not even 10 pages in im dropping this the author has no creativity

Double-page supporter
Nooooooooo
Noooo
Noooo
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Noohohohohohooooo
Why does it have to be like this....?
I love the character for breaking away from shitty tsundere, I love the author for doing that.
But why does the MC have to be OP...
Ugh....
Whyyyyy?

@stretch22 its more fun this way, makes his ex-gf seem even worse in a way cus her lover could have been the pride of their town or w.e and she would have been dating one top tier mage instead since he sucked ass as a swordsman and since he thinks magic is heresy she treated him like a useless dog

Double-page supporter
@Ghekor

It's even worse. He was actually a great swordsman, since he was a platinum adventurer before he decided to start again.

Basically, she called him useless just for being unable to beat one of the 3 strongest swordsmen in the entire world, despite his own power being top-tier.

@Geohie true, he was actually really great at sword fighting just not actually cream of the crop top tier and she was still not happy about it.. still Magic Swordsman is better class spec imo, soo much versatility so he did good for discovering his magic potential

Double-page supporter
I haven't read past the first page but felt forced to comment.

First sentence and we're already getting one end of the "cursed black hair bringing misfortune" vs "exotic and beautiful black hair that is rarely seen" shoved up our ass.

t9iUmZJ.png

So, real adult talk here. He’s known her his whole life, and admits she didn’t start it like this. She got famous, “got a promotion,” had a ton of responsibility heaped on her, shows signs of severe stress (like biting her nails, lashing out emotionally, etc)... and yet the first time he ever appears to confront her about his dissatisfaction with their relationship is the day he’s already plotted ahead of time to leave her?

This is Alpha-Tier Beta going on here.

Hear me out. I’m not excusing her behavior. But someone in an adult relationship should have brought this up a long time ago, before it got this bad. No relationship is perfect, but you should at least try to work through rough spots as they come up, instead of letting them grow and grow until it’s too big to ever fix. Instead, he evidently avoided addressing the problems in their relationship until the day he literally ran away to take on a new identity.

@Degernase That’s some epic reprogramming on the hair front. I think it’s kind of funny that they go on and on about how rare black hair is (yet it’s shared by about 75% of the world), yet manga is always filled with red-haired people... the actual rarest hair color (coming in at around 1%).

I knew it, it's only misunderstanding, mc action isn't good but i understand mc pain

Fed-Kun's army
@Darketower I mean, it was a mentally abusive relationship, if it was a physically abusive relationship would you blame him for leaving without talking to her?

Guess the childhood friend route will never happen. Not like the mc knew her since childhood and didn’t bother to address while she’s treating him like that even tho they’re “childhood friends”.

@Zinon What I’m saying is the first time she snapped at him or belittled him—remember, the MC says she didn’t start out like this—he should have been open and honest enough to say, “Hey, what’s that all about? That’s not like you, and that’s not the person I choose to stand by. Maybe we should talk out what’s really got you wound up, because that’s not cool and I deserve better, especially from someone who says they love me.”

Fights happen. People get stressed by stuff both big and small, and sometimes they act in ways they wouldn’t have otherwise. Some people realize it themselves and change for the better. Others sink further into the bad behavior, especially if no one points it out to them or indicates that there are consequences to continuing it.

I call his behavior Beta, because at no time does the story indicate he confronted her about her behavior and how it made him feel until the day he declared he was leaving. And it’s implied that this went on in private for a while.

And, as others have pointed out, his Ex evidently does start to change for the better once she realizes how she made him feel. So if he’d actually taken the initiative and confronted her much sooner, there’s every indication that none of this would have happened. Of course, then there would be no story, so the MC had to make the dumb choices (aka “doing nothing”) in his backstory to give us the subsequent chain of events.

Users who are viewing this thread