A Tyrant's First Love

tbh I've doubt this manhwa gonna be a good one like Tia being too careless or oblivious and the tyrant is just maniac. but hmm the latest chapter seems promising

I KNEW IT. The Baroness completely misunderstood her all this time. Now I understand rather than angry - the MC was just annoyed and tired ALL THE TIME. Even the son is like - yeeeea, awkward.

So lets get straight things down. So far I’ve read all the chapters. From what I see:

Tia - she’s really ignorant, dumb and selfish in her own ways. She constantly want to free the young master and takes advantage of the emperor using her so called “blood” being special. I really do not like her. Has this ISSUES with the master because apparently hes the one who treated her “nicely”. When in fact he ignored the ABUSE she constantly get from his parents.

Young Master: He’s VERY selfish for letting Tia be abused FOR MANY MONTHS/YEARS. If he truly loved her he wouldn’t let her suffer through that and stand up for her. From what I can see he only wants to be with her for his own self satisfaction and only realized how important she is when she left.
I’m glad the emperor pointed this out

The emperor: THE LIKABLE character from what I’ve seen so far. Has his own reasons from things he does. Probably THE MOST LOGICAL CHARACTER.

To be honest, if Tia doesn’t improve from later chapter, this would just be a waste of time.

@Milktea089 What you described sounds like something ppl on here would love XD. Seriously tho thank you I tend to avoid anything with a romance tag anyway.

She just keeps defending Martin not because she loves him but rather for her self satisfaction or maybe because he’s her friend ( but not a logical reason )... rather I’d love her to see the gentle side of the emperor cause he seems to care about her so much

Tbh, I kinda like the young-master-is-now-my-bodyguard plot. Something about having someone who was higher than us suddenly becomes lower than us that makes me feel a little somethin

Somehow I don’t like how the story progresses. Tia is too ignorant that it frustrates me while reading the chapters. Can someone just SPOIL me to keep me motivated to read this? Just make sure to use the spoiler tag.

@OkiStash me too, I avoid romance. I really like reading action/adventure/fantasy. Because most of time its just this dumb female leads who ends up with the cocky/rich male lead who is supposedly good looking. And of course, bland people will like this kind of story (Also don’t forget chinese manhuas where females ends up getting rape and develop feelings from the rapist)

But recently theres a current trend where the female lead tend to be much more mature in this isekai/victorian-ish/fantasy shoujo genre (in korean webtoons mostly)where they focus more on their self worth instead of trying to satisfy someone else’s desire. (You know the “I’ll live my life peacefully” title type of thing) They’re really reasonable, doesn’t consider “romance” easily (they don’t easily “love” the male lead because they try to focus more on the whole picture of their situation), practical, fights for themselves instead of being damsel in distress, and notice the importance within themselves rather than someone else's. It’s like a message of self love.

This type of isekai webtoons tells us that once we learn our lesson from the past, we need to improve not only ourselves, but the connection we made within everyone. That we need to move on and stay away from toxic people.

I don’t know if you know what I mean, but ya, I’m glad someone can understand my review of this webtoon. Even if my rant right now is out of place, I feel like I have to say this. ?

Sorry, I hope this won’t ruin your image of romance tag. :(

@milktea089 I pretty much avoid romance for the reasons you mentioned. A "strong female" lead can be good but for me it isn't necessary. She can just be a regular person with a gun for all I care, as long as she's cool and likable. The reason I tend to avoid romance is because I normally just find it annoying as more often than not a mostly good ass story can be ruined by shoehorning in random unwarranted romance often between completely incompatible characters. Smh don't get me started on those Stockholm ish stories lol, I know that's some ppls fantasy but it sure as hell isn't mine. I tend to read horror manga/webtoons as the best ones tend to do romance in a realistic sense if they have any. lol but yeaaaa I tend to avoid romance tags like the plague, a horrible romance story can be often seen on here with 8 stars on average.

@OkiStash lool I agree. I guess everyone has different tastes. The stockholm syndrome hits hard, many readers like it and i’m concerned. ? 😂

This is frustrating and bad... Honestly, I hate all of the characters so far aside from the background characters E. G the maids and butlers in the castle.

But I hate the ML the least and THE MC THE MOST. What is this? The baron turned a blind eye at all of this. He was of age when his dad left meaning he has control. Whatever his intentions are, he just manipulated this girl into liking him.

The girl.. Wow.. I have no idea aside from the fact that I want to smack her head every time she speaks. I'm all for no nonsense, display of courage, no Mary sue type etc but I don't understand how someone could be so stupid. It's like they put the "aloof" trait to make her seem innocent but also
arrogance.

She's obviously a previous noble or lover. Seems like she also has control function over him. Whatever. Contract type or whatnot.

The MC, blood thirsty yadda yadda seems to be the only aware character out of all of them. The thing that annoys me is that he doesn't explain anything

i honestly almost fell out of my bed because of how frustrated i am. the MC is lowkey annoying and just dumb, the baron is high key annoying because of how he manipulated the MC. so far the only character i like is the ML

Enjoying the progress and grateful it got picked up again 🙆🏼‍♀️🙆🏼‍♀️🙆🏼‍♀️

This story takes a weird turn in just 10 chapters, like a really bizarre one. Oh, wait it's its "actual theme". You know, I think the story would actually be better without it:
A newly crowned king looking for his lost first love, who was found with amnesia. And then how he tries to be closer to her, but has a hard time because of his bloody reputation. Depends on how the author writes it it can be cute and sweet but with lots of intrigue of love and politics.
That alone is enough to keep reading.

Users who are viewing this thread