A Very Popular Idol Classmate Has Taken a Liking to Me, A Person Who Doesn’t Want to Work for my Whole Life - Ch. 4.1 - Money = Power② (1)

... Is this not "homemade food made by someone else"? Does "homemade food" have a different meaing in Japan? I don't get it.
I think she meant "homey-type meals" instead of it being made by an employee, that I assume aren't that close to each other.

noj

Fed-Kun's army
500,000 yen? She could spend that money in someone to go to her house like a chef or a cook; or go to a nice restaurant instead of risking the media to photograph her going into a dude's house and having to travel a lot. But oh well, guess this manga needs to start somehow.
having a personal chef isnt the same as someone who cares cook for you. Yeah hes basically her personal chef now that hes getting paid but he was a classmate and friend first before he agreed to that. She clearly wants companionship

Dex-chan lover
Hes easily swayed by money huh, watch out MC!! ITS ONLY FOOD AT FIRST NEXT THING YOU KNOW SHE'LL PIMP YOU OUT

Double-page supporter
Dude's feeling bad being paid 500.000 Yen for being a private chef. My guy hasn't seen someone charged thousands of dollars to let people see him sprinkle some salts.

Double-page supporter
Man is making around 50k annually cooking one meal a day. Just hope the government doesn't find out about the tax evasion

Dex-chan lover
damn. 3700$ a month just to make dinner for two. thats crazy. also this is shaping up to be a seriously wholesome series

Double-page supporter
Man is making around 50k annually cooking one meal a day. Just hope the government doesn't find out about the tax evasion
Isn't it 3 meals a day? She's staying over for breakfast and he's obviously going to be making a lunch box

Dex-chan lover
500,000 yen? She could spend that money in someone to go to her house like a chef or a cook; or go to a nice restaurant instead of risking the media to photograph her going into a dude's house and having to travel a lot. But oh well, guess this manga needs to start somehow.
She is basically just paying a 500,000 rent to live with a person to make food for her. That being said she has the uncommon super power called being rich as hell, and I really think she was actually eyeing him in the firet chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
having a personal chef isnt the same as someone who cares cook for you. Yeah hes basically her personal chef now that hes getting paid but he was a classmate and friend first before he agreed to that. She clearly wants companionship
There is also other elements at play.

For example the personal chef likely serves high class meals made with premium ingredients and is likely highly nutritionally balanced and portioned.

Where he cooks with non premium ingredients, and wants to make food that will satisfy her that she will enjoy.

To use a bad example, it can be like comparing a 5star restaurant, to a food truck selling street tacos. Both food are well cooked, and they may even sell identical dishes, but they can taste different and serve different purposes. One is a immaculate high end product, the other is simple comfort food.

Sometimes more amateurish food, can be more delicious and satisfying than stuff made by high end chefs.

(Personally I would rather eat at a bar or food truck, than a fancy place for that kind of reason, and it's not just because of price)

Users who are viewing this thread