A Villainess No More - Ch. 14

Ah thanks for the chapters! I need to reread this I forgot a bit of the storyline

Oooops, I forgot his name 😅

Thank you for the chapters!

Dex-chan lover
I LOVE how the designer looks. She’s so sleek and stylish! 😍

A strong female lead is cool but when there is even more interesting secondary female character other than a bitchy rival it's even better

Dex-chan lover
A strong female lead who is humble, yet strong-willed, not fond of over extravagance and treats everyone fairly.
Yet destroys anyone who might threaten her, family or friends.

Dex-chan lover
Really glad I decided to try this out, I wasn't sure what to expect from a Chinese take on this sub-genre. All the Manhua's I've read, eventually drop in quality later on, but here's hoping this one does not. The signature, really short chapters are pretty bad, though. Other than that, I like everything, from the setting, to the characters. Minus the younger sister, anyway. Here's hoping that muscle head puts their family to ruin, lol.

Dex-chan lover
Really, the only complaint I have is that there's a lot of "sparkly" pages. Which I do know it's kind of normal for the genre, but it feels .. I don't know. A bit of a waste?
I'd like more story progression, instead of all this effort on so many "sparkly" pages

Apart from that it's a nice manhua

To better clarify, I'm sure all those full body shots take a lot of effort. And yes, they're drawn very nicely but.. I get it, she's beautiful, he's handsome.. Give me more story
XD

for anyone wanting to try it but needing some opinions, here’s my take - It’s an interesting spin on the villainess trope but the author drags out simple conversation for much too long in large panels where the characters don’t do much but only exist. There’s a lot show AND tell for the same things - we already know she’s a proper lady from her character establishing scenes in the first few chapters, we don’t need continued scenes like ten chapters later of her acting the same for the viewers benefit. The panels are huge and there’s a lot of empty space???? If that’s the style for this particular artist, cool ok. It’s just very brash and in your face and pulls from my personal enjoyment. Putting this on hold until the chapter count gets higher.

Dex-chan lover
@antra_
On the subject of repetition: the story synopsis says that the Grand Duke will change her life, but I have no idea how or why. Athanasia doesn't seem to have any notable character flaws that would require change, and other than having lots of rumors surrounding her, she doesn't seem to be unhappy with her situation.
While it is certainly possible to have a story where the protagonist doesn't have a character growth arc, usually that relies on having a strong supporting cast or a world that is constantly testing the protagonist's resolve.

I'm still curious to see where the story goes, but I'm honestly more interested in seeing how the supporting cast overcomes their problems.

Double-page supporter
They thought she had Cruella De Vil's tastes 🤣 LOL

What rumor do to people, right?
In the rumor, she is a completely egomaniac and frivolous person.
In reality, she is very down to earth and simple, but intricate beauty 😍❤️

Dex-chan lover
Man. I didn't even think about that.

It must suck having all these false rumors about you even just for the fact that stores trying to cater to your tastes end up doing the opposite. It's not their fault they tried to do research into your preference and adapt, but it's all bad info because the gossips don't like you.

Users who are viewing this thread