A Villainess No More - Ch. 27

@ParagonNight
This would just be speculation but it's possible that it's because her sister is a knight? I don't really remember it being like explored yet, so honestly I don't remember either! But from what I can see, Lillian definitely has a lot of misplaced animosity towards Athy and using her so-called "justice" she really influenced the public's opinions against Athy, so that could be part of it.

I have a theory why she doesn't want a personal knight it because she trusted a knight but in the end, he was using her, and when she learned the truth she no longer trusts knights.

Dex-chan lover
@Aniryu

Well she is supposed to be this "blunt Noble", that gets blamed for everything wrong in her territory while doing the 'right' thing. It's fair to say that she is not good at socializing outside of noble circles.

Contributor
Dear lord, this young lady does not know how to take no for an answer. XD

And seems very quick to pledge eternal loyalty, too. Two or three meetings and she thinks she knows the protagonist well enough for this? o_o ...Well, to be fair, our protagonist does leave an impression. u.u

I really don’t understand why she’s suddenly so into Athanasia.

Uhhhh I would be kinda suspicious if a knight would pledge their life to me if we meant a couple of times. Seems as if she, as a knight, is not taking her life vow that seriously.

I mean i get it, even if the person you serve has a good personality, if they dont have power to back it up you will look down on them if they are too nosy.

A liege that is virtuous and powerful is perfect from a knights pov., whether for future influence or from a moral outlook.

i mean i don't get it. so is the author saying that if she wasn't strong, they would all trash her and be rude? never serving her or honoring her marriage with their master?
come on... it makes no sense. even more so in such setting. sure, they wouldn't be receiving orders from her or letting her lead them on some affair (for her safety reasons, and not because of some looking down bs). the minimum decorum is expected!
so if she was weak would they never protect her? even when she is the wife of the one feeding them?
really? are they going around treating everyone else the same way? are they killing the poor and the sick? because they sure are often useless.
also a leader sometimes need to have way more than raw power. you only truly put your neck in the hand of someone who can easily kill you, when you believe they are worth such honor... and that has very little to do with power and much more to do with a few personality.
this seems to be only here so she can act like a surprising newcomer in some mercenary group or school... the plot device is basically that, but the context seem to not fit.
if it was anyone with a strong leading presence, she would have made their lives a pain in the ass... because if they simple want to fight some monster, they can take their weapons and go live in the forest... no need to receive pay, honor, and order from this house.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my, if this was a different kinda story my heart would be racing

Users who are viewing this thread