A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 1

Interesting. If she is not cruel to Cinderella, then will the fairy god mother not appear? Or will she appear for a different reason in this story? I'm actually curious how this will play out.

Lol the only difference between pretty and ugly is a different nose? I honestly prever the cute rounded nose more than the standard pointy one.

I'm guessing the writer is gonna "redeem" the stepsisters so they didn't make them too ugly.

Dex-chan lover
first that isekai with freaking marie antoinette and now cinderella?

what a nice week, ty for the chapter

Iris and Lily are so cute, I don't understand what this transmigrating lady is talking about.

Dex-chan lover
The only thing that I dislike is how she calls the daughters ugly for their noses. They're perfectly fine.

Lol, wait. Are people really getting irritated over her calling the daughters ugly when it's was pretty much how the original and Disney story was told? I mean we knew they where considered ugly compared to Cinderella. If the story had gone the same way, y'all would've call them ugly. The artist just decided to not make them extremely ugly (like how they were originally portrayed).

Fed-Kun's army
It's implied she thinks the features they inherited are ugly but tbh she takes care of them well and doesn't outright say to their faces that they're ugly to her. After all, she's not really their mom. And beauty is subjective. No need to be super critical of her.

I also don't like their nose hahaha Just cause I can imagine how their dad must've looked like but they're not ugly to me. Honestly could've been extremely worse if the stepmom wasn't the transmigrator. If I hadn't imagined their dad, I would say they look cute plus the freckles. 👍

I'm here for wholesome family content, hopefully.

people need to remember the standards back then, such a nose would be considered a negative in their marriage prospects.
The mom thinks they are ugly, does it matter? Not really they shall still grow up loved none the less.

Dex-chan lover
I always wondered why the Step-parent/parents were dicks in fiction or real life for no reason.

I really hope Cinderella doesn't turn out to be secretly evil or anything. I have strong attachments to Cinderella and I don't think I'll be able to read on if she does turn out to be evil ( unlike other similar stories) .

People being white knights here saying "the daughter's aren't ugly"
But they forgot they were DESCRIBED as ugly.
Maybe the drawings can't show you perfectly their look.
They are supposed to be ugly in the story!
So disliking the MC for calling them ugly is just unfair.

@SakuraShower

You don't have to worry about that. There use to be a translation for the novel that was a decent amount into the story posted online which has since been taken down. I didn't see any evidence of Cinderella being evil. The story is pretty wholesome from what I can remember.

The thing they didn't mention here is that poor MC is actually 10 years younger irl. She lost 10 years of her life being transmigrated into Mildred's body rip

This is soo interesting! Looks realistic and refreshing! Im waiting for the fluff family part~

@tamerblur Believe me, in many East and SE Asian countries, people are extremely conscious about the nose. Especially in a country that historically been colonialized/occupied by white people for centuries. It has been ingrained in their brain that white skin, big eyes and tall nose are more beautiful. It became the beauty standard, can’t help it. It is difficult to eradicate the inferiority complex of the society, it has embedded in their perceptions for generations now. When people evaluate the first impression of someone’s appearance, people will look at your nose, then look at your skin and eyes, which means they are also very conscious about their own nose, actually more than their skin and eyes. Maybe the west is not that conscious of the nose, however, I believe they still pay attention a lot to it. Proof? Eyelid surgery and nose reshaping are the 2nd and 3rd most popular plastic surgery procedures in the US. Meanwhile, eyelid surgery is the most fav procedure Korea and Japan. Nose reshaping is performed the most in China, followed by Japan, Korea, and Brazil. Rhinoplasty is more common than you think.

Users who are viewing this thread