A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 13

Okay, I do realize that the brother is super overbearing and quite annoying. Although a part of me wonders if that has more to do with his relationship with past-Mildred than now-Mildred. Like maybe in the past, she welcomed his guidance and helped her with her previous marriages, so it could be lost on him why she is acting differently this time. But that’s all speculation.

I do think there’s some truth to him being concerned about the ML though. Because if he only wanted her to marry rich, I don’t think he would get in the way. But if he’s dangerous, he may have some really good reasons for wanting her to stay away from the guy. What is for sure, the ML has some pretty big secrets that he’s keeping from her, and I want to know what they are.

Dex-chan lover
I just want more focus on the daughters and Mr "How your husband?" ML keeps taking up most of the panel space.

Dex-chan lover
The title is about Cinderella... How about the story starts shifting towards her and the sisters instead of the possessive dude that hopefully isn't the ML...

Dex-chan lover
"I didn't mean to be rude." Well, you've sure got a talent for it. Maybe gloat some more about how her husband died? 🙄

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, his attempt to seduce her isn't going well at all, and he's really not as charming as he's probably meant to be.

Well, time to deal with her brother. Again.

Fed-Kun's army
@mootmar @iskaeil
am not dumb, i'm well aware that gary is her brother and married. my point of contention is that he gets mad when mildred decides to go against his plans of selling her off to be married to another man, as if he hasn't been doing that since she came of age and making it seem like it's for her own good when he's really just a social climber. the whole point was that he wants to control mildred so much and obtain social power through her marriage with a more esteemed household without having to take on the sacrifice of said marriage himself, hence why i'm pissed that he has the balls to be pissed

Dex-chan lover
Her husband death is not confirmed
She knows he's dead because she read the novel in her previous life
The news that her husband boat has gone missing is known
ML thinks lost boat means boat sank and everybody dead
Mildred use the fact that the boat is still declared missing not lost(since no wreckage has been found yet) to say she's married
that's my understanding to now

edit: nvm, reread chapter 1
so make sense he wasn't the only one onboard, also if she received a letter that mean other knows.
now still make sense people don't know if she doesn't tell but still many other probably died

Dex-chan lover
Milfdred. 😳

I like this series. Chill but not boring. Also, very saucy to define what a pokéball is, but not what a Pokémon is. 🤨

When there is a need to explain what a pokeball is...
I must be over100 years old already... this is not my timeline anymore 😳

pretty convinced ML is the (putting in spoilers in case it's true)
illegitimate son of a royal
hence why people are very wary and afraid of him despite him only being a Baron or something. It might also explain why he isn't married yet
as
there isn't anyone who matches his status/his lineage is an open secret
. And the Queen making him her godson might be because she took pity on him and wanted to protect him. It would explain why he's being trusted with (spoilers from the comments)
looking after the prince of the nation

He might be hanging around Mil/interested in her because she doesn't seem to know his origin (yet her brother does) and isn't afraid of him.

Anyway people do realise that Mil is deluded about being the evil stepmother from Cinderella hence why none of this actually focuses on her daughters?! She's the protagonist not Ashley...

Dex-chan lover
@Silverwyvern
Umm, no. Ch 1 mentioned she woke up as Mildred after she got a letter saying they found the body.
So anyone who have that info will be aware she's a widow.
But to keep using "I'm married" as an excuse, Mil have never announced that particular info.
That's also why she's a bit skeptical about him, wondering how he seem to be aware of her widow status given how much he's pursuing her.

@mootmar Gary already knows her husband is dead, that's why he's so insistent on introducing her to new guys and try to keep her away from the ML.

@Bramia this story isn't about Cinderella, is about the person who raised her preciously so, this is going to be only about Mildred with the girls as side characters.

Fed-Kun's army
IDK how I feel about everyone wearing colored mascara? even the dudes

I’m over this brother. ik he gets more say bc she’s currently unmarried and he’s the male of the family but....ugh, how annoying.

Thanks for the update!

Oh wow. I really like this plot and art, I'm surprised. Thank you very, very much, translators!😍

Users who are viewing this thread